Ch28: Wolf Games

Cerberus POV

"Thea, why are you here?" I asked franticly.

The worse possible place for her is here.

She did respond and I grit my teeth.

"Thea!" I growl out.

"Hey, Thea if you don't want to give him your  attention, you can always give me attention." Yells out one of the challengers and I clench my jaw.

"Yeah!" Yells the rest of the wolves in the area and they all start to yell and I felt the possessiveness start to grow. The notice and voices was easy to ignore, but I then heard her.

"Cerberus, I'm scared." She whispered so low if it wasn't for my incredible hearing I would never had heard it.

I felt my eyes grow wide and I lift my head high in the air.

"Shut the fuck up!" I yell and my voice didn't sound like my own and I felt power radiate from my body. I glare at the males behind her and then my eyes soften as I look at her and it hurt that she looked worry to be infront of me.

"I'm, so sorry." I say quietly in the very quiet room.

I look at all the males in the room and I saw alot of them had bowed thier heads and have sat there. Others had backed away from the cage opening and I growl at them.

"Cerberus?" I heard her ask with caution. And I close my eyes.

"Thea,  this place is dangerous. I am not stable here and I pray you don't hate me. Okay?" I asked in hope she will understand.

"Tell me what this place is." She whispered and I look down in defeat.

"Its..." A male started and I snap my head up and glare at him.

"I said, shut up." I growl and he shit his mouth. He was just a kid and a new challenger and I felt sorry for him.

"Cerberus?" She asked and it hurt me to hear her plead.

"This is a fighting arena." I whisper and she looks at me like I have to explain.

"Werewolves. We are fighting eachother." I say quietly.

"You are a fighter?" She asked and I nod.

"Now leave." I hiss out as I heard distance clinging and footsteps.

"Thea go! Now!" I growl out but its to late because she is so stubborn.

"Hey! What are you found down here?" A guard asked and I felt the need to protect Thea but I couldn't.

"Um... I was... Just..." She stuttered with fear.

"She is probably a fangirl." Laughed another guard as I see him jog towards my cell.

"Well, she is a beauty, isn't she?" Smiled a guard and I clench my fist.

"Yeah, maybe we can have fun before we take the champion out to the ring." Said one of the guards as they stepped toward Thea and brushed a finger over her cheek.

"No, can do. I have to take this guy out there to the ring then we can have our way when I get back." Said the guard who is stupidly opening my cell. I saw him smile as the keys jingle around. I heard the door open and I growl as low and menacing growl as I saw one of the guards smile at Thea and started to play with her hair.

"That's it!" I growl out as I reach for the male that is touching her hair and pinned him to the cage door.

I heard the other yell in surprise as I shove him in the cell and slam it shut. I then pick up the guard and slam him into the door of the cell.

"You will not touch her! Ever!" I roar in his face and I felt the tone come over me and I heard growls emit from behind me and to the sides.

I glance back and saw all the males that were making goo -goo eyes at Thea are now staring straight at the guards with snarls.

I smile and press the guard into the cage door. I stare right into his fear bound eyes and chuckle.

"Leave." I command quietly and I heard Thea respond.

"What?" She questioned and I snap my head to her and glare at her.

"Leave, Thea!" I growl and she stepped back. Then I watch her run off. As soon as she was gone I let the guard down and look down in defeat. They watch me with worry and I turn to head down the much too familiar hallway to the fighting arena.

I step in the small room that is shut on moth ends and I close my eyes while I listen.

"Welcome, ladies and gentleman!" Spoke the host.  Loud claps where heard through out the area and I breath slow and steady.

"We have a long night in store for you! We have seven challengers for our entertainment tonight!" He announced and I sigh.

Seven.

Now we invite our first challenger give it up for... Challenger 23!" Yells the announcer and I roll my shoulder as I heard the growl and snap of a wolf. I heard him let out an angry howl and the crowd went wild. I sigh and take my shirt off. I breath in and out.

I just have to keep him alive for three minutes.

I get undress completely and I stood there in the dark. I expand my lungs so my chest is larger and I let out a sigh. And as soon as I heard the announcer speak my name I growl as I shift.

"And now... The moment you have all been waiting for...give it up for our champion... Cerberus!" And I heard the crowd roar with cheer.

I growl and the crowd goes silent as I step a paw out from the shadow of the room. I look across the way at the challenger and sigh.

He is small and scrawny. He is too easy and hard to keep alive and Mark the fight look believable.

I then am hit with the smell of cinnamon and vanilla. My eyes widen and I look to my right where I met with the eyes of Master Kyran and right next to him was Thea. She had sadness in her eyes and I felt angry all of a sudden.

I turn away and I heard both doors that me and the kid came from shut. I swish my tail side to side and tucked my ears back. The small wolf was a tan wolf with dark brown ears. He had brown spots littering his body and he snarled at me.

I snarl at the wolf and then I wait. I spread my front paws so they are even with my shoulders and I wait.

"3... 2... 1... Fight!" Everyone yells and the boy lunges at me and I breath in and out.

Then I leap and the fight begins.