Ch38: Celebrating

Cerberus POV

I stood there with my pride in my chest as I saw most of them as smiles and some with frowns. I watched as the former Alpha walked up to me.

"Well, it seems like my family bloodline has come to an end. Congratulations, Cerberus. You are a strong male and will bring this pack to glory. But since you are the new Alpha me and my son have to go. So fair well and, good luck." He said and smiles as he pat me on the shoulder and walked away.

I watched as his son walked past me and held his head down in submission. I felt pride and guilt at the same time and was so confused by it.

"Hey," I yell and Don looked up at me with a glare and I nod, "good luck to you!"

He bods back and shifts to his wolf as he follows after his father.

"Let's have a party to celebrate your victory, Alpha!" Shouts a drunk Squeak as he wrapped an arm that held a bottle over my shoulders. I roll my eyes and smile.

"Sounds fun." I said and Squeak turned towards the crowd and yelled with his hands in the air.

"Party with the Alpha!" And cheers were heard through out the crowd.

I smiled and I watch as Thea walked over to me and I smiled at her.

"See, all you had to do was believe." I said with a smile and she nods while walking to me and hugs me.

"Let's go." I told her and she nods while I wrap my arm around her and lead her to the new pack house we will call he.

"Steak, hot dogs, and burgers!" Yelled Glad as he smiles and ruffled up Squeaks hair.

I heard a lot of laughter and saw alot of confused faces as everyone looked around.

I smile and climb the fence and cleared my throat and everyone went silent.

"This is a party to join both my pack and your old alpha's pack! So, don't think since I am here I will destroy everything and everyone! I am here to protect my pack!" I yell and everyone cheered and raised a fist to the sky and I smiled.

Don Grey POV

I trot next to my father with disappointment in myself as I keep my head down.

"Son, don't be so harsh on yourself. No one that strong has challenged the family and it may be for the best. Not every battle can and needs to be won." He said to me and I nod to him.

I then heard rustling in the bushes infront of us and we both went into protective stances and we stare.

Then out of the bushes walked a vampire with crisp blue eyes, black and crimson suit and he was out for blood. You saw it in his eyes.

"How dare you trespass on our land!" I growl out and my father snaps his head to me.

"Who are you, stranger?" Asked my father and the man smiled.

"I'm the one and only,  demon of the night. I am Lorcan Kyran."

Cerberus POV

"Oh, come on Cerberus. One more." Whines Thea as I see Squeak pour another shot. I groan as I heard her whine.

"Fine. One more." I slurred out. Unlike vampires, werewolves can get drunk.

I saw her smile at me and I picked the shot up and looked at her with a wink and smiled as I tossed my head back and swallowed the burning liquid.

I slam the glass upside down and cheers rain out into the night air.

"Happy now." I asked swaying on my feet and I stumble forward and The and Squeak caught me. I smile and lean closer to Thea.

"Your gorgeous." I whisper and I heard a gasp. I lean away from her and turn to Squeak and he had a fake hurt in his facial.

"I thought I was gorgeous?" He said with a pout and I chuckled while wrapping my arm around his neck in a brotherly way and laughed.

"No, she is gorgeous, your smokin." I said and everyone chuckled.

"Okay, I think he need to go lay down." Spoke Thea and I roll my eyes and shake my head no. I push away from them and wave my hand in a 'don't bother' gesture.

"No, I don't." I said and I felt the floor come closer to my face.

I hit the ground and I heard giggling and I then turn my fa e to the side and say with my face smushed against the carpet, "You know I feel a little tired." And I heard Thea giggle at my messed up stage.

I push myself up becoming a little more sober but not completely and I felt Thea wrap her arm around my waist and I wrap my arm over her shoulders and she uses her right hand to hold my right hand as that arm is draped across her shoulders.

"Let's go." She whispered and I just nod.

We made it up stairs after stumbling, tripping, and flirting until we made it to our room. She flopped me on our bed and the mattress bounced. I sigh and lay there content. I heard the bathroom light flick on and heard the door shut.

She must be taking a shower or a bath. Huh, maybe I should join her. I get up and stumble to the door after leaning against it I whisper with slur words through the door, "Hey, want some company?"

I heard her giggle which made me laugh.

"No, Cerberus, you are drunk. Go lay down." She yelled through the door so I could hear her.

"Woof." I say back and she laughs as I heard the water start to run. I lay down on the bed and stay there until her shower is done.

I then heard the door open and she steps out with a towel wrapped around her. I lay on my side and watch her.

"Stop, staring." She said and I shook my head no.

She turns towards me and I decided on something insane, but happy.

"I love you, you know that, right." I tell her and she looks at me confused.

"Yes, I know." She said to me and I felt more sober as I stood on my own two feet and walked to the door and locked it. I turn to look at Thea and she has caution and curiosity in her beautiful and unique eyes.

"Do you love me?" I asked and I stalk towards her. She clenches the towel and stares at my eyes.

"Yes." She said and I stood right in front of her.

"Say it then." I told her as I lean in close.

"Cerberus, I love you." She said and when the last word came out I kissed her in a passionate way and smiled. She leaned into me and I smiled again.

This is going to be an interesting night.