Ch24:I'm So Sorry. I Just Wanted You Back

Eva POV

Darkness.

Darkness is all I saw.

Is this death?

Its peaceful.

The last thing I saw was lorcan being held back by ten vampires as my neck was snapped and I was consumed by darkness.

I felt my consciousness slowly awaken. I open my heavy eyes to a white ceiling that was extremely familiar. My neck was killing me and my arms hurt also. I felt a heavy weight on my stomach and also something next to me felt very warm. I breath a deep breath in and I felt something on my stomach squirm.

I glance down and there lays a sound asleep Cerberus. I also felt someone hugging me from the side and felt the delicate breathing of Lorcan.

"I smile and turn my head to look at him but stop immediately after feeling a sharp pain in my neck. My arms hurt just as bad as I lift them up and see two human bite marks on both arms.

"Lorcan." I say rasp as I don't even recognize my own voice.

Lorcan woke immediately and lifted his head. He must have not been asleep that long.

"Your alive." He said with relief filling his voice.

"Yeah, but how?" I asked and guilt flashed into his eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I just wanted you back." He said not making eye contact with me.

"Lorcan, what did you do?" I asked again more serious this time.

"I changed you. You are a newly developed vampire." He said and sighed.

"I'm immortal?" I asked and he nods.

"Yep." He said.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked.

"Four months." He said and my eyes widen. No wonder Cerberus was bigger than usual.

"Four months!" I said and he nods and I felt guilt for yelling as I felt Cerberus jump but then he relaxed and went back to sleep.

"Yep, you had to heal. My father left already and I told him to never come back unless necessary." He told me and I smiled.

"Okay, but how can I get this pain out of my neck?" I asked him and he nods.

"Right you just need to pop it." Be said and I pick up Cerberus and roll him so that lorcan can hold him. I sit up slowly and roll my head around. I heard cracks, snaps, and pops. Then my neck didn't hurt anymore.

"Better?" He asked and I nod.

"Good." He said and he handed me back the baby. I took him back and without warning Lorcan captured my lips in his and I smile.

"I missed you so much." He whisper against them.

"I thought I lost you forever." He said and kissed me again.

I pulled back and smiled at him.

"I missed you too." I said and kissed him back. I then lean back and notice he wasn't wearing a shirt.

"Um... Lorcan? Were is your shirt?" I asked and he rolls his eyes while drawing me in for another kiss.

"Don't worry about it." He said as he kissed me again.

After our little make out I decided it was time to get up. I pick up the baby and he woke up also and Lorcan decided to get up and wrap his arms around me.

"Let's go my Queen." He said to me and I look at him confused.

"We walk out the door and to the top of the stairs where there where hundreds of people standing. As soon as I was at the top of the stairs cheers and yells followed by whistling and clapping was heard.

"Welcome to the clan." He said to me as I look at all the vampires that shunned me because I was human and now that I am one of them they are happy.

"Why are they happy now?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Because you are one of them now. You are no longer an outsider. You are part of the family." He said and leaned in to kiss me slowly.

I pull away and look into his eyes.

"Is this our happy ending?" I asked him and he smiled.

"My Queen. I think it is." He said and smiled.

"My lord." I say while smiling into another kiss.

A few hours after meeting the whole clan I decided to appoint Coal as the babysitter of Cerberus  and he took it with no questions asked. He also had to give me a hug and I smiled at him. He was always my hero and I am happy we are firends.

Lorcan wanted to take me on my very first hunt so that I can feed this weird hunger I have.

We head out of the clan house and I felt a jolt of energy course through me. I took off running and heard Lorcan chuckle behind me as he took off infront of me.

I felt like I was going one hundred miles an hour. It was beautiful.

I love the feeling of being free. I run and run and run then I stop. I smell the sent of iron in the air. Lorcan came to a stop beside me and he watched my reaction. I took off towards the smell and saw a coyote biting the neck of a doe. I saw the baby in a mass panic as the mother fights for her life. I growl and leap at the coyote. I pry open its jaw from around the deer and I felt the urge to drink from the deer but she paused and looked at me as she stumbled away.

I saw her look at me and the little baby came closer to her. I held the coyote in my arms as it struggled. I then heard it start to whimper and the doe and her baby ran off. I bite down on to the coyote's neck as instincts kick in and I drink the animal blood in large gulps.

I breath through the nose as the coyote starts to go limp then it stops fighting. Once it stops fighting I stop. I pull back and look down to see it was slowly breathing. I rush off into the forest and snatched a rabbit. I break its neck and lay it on the ground softly.  The coyote looks at me then the rabbit and I rub its head softly as I stand up and take off.

"That was impressive." Lorcan spoke.

"What was?" I asked him as I wipe my mouth of extra blood.

"You stopped before it died then you helped it get it energy back." He said watching me.

I nod and smile.

"Wait, random question?" I asked and he nods waiting for me to ask.

"Do I have an ability?" I asked him and he smiled.

"I don't know do you?" He asked while stepping towards me.

"I glare at him then I heard a growl come up from behind Lorcan. We both turn around and saw the coyote I helped. He had firends behind him. He growls and comes to stand next to me and I smile. I slowly go to pet his head and he wags his tail as I do so.

"Well, that is your ability." Said lorcan and I look down at the coyote.

"What?" I asked as I point deeper into the forest and the coyote gets up and runs off.

"You can control animals." He said and I smile.

"That is so cool." I said and he smiles.

"Yep, okay. Let's get back home okay." He said and we race home.