Ch26: Shifting

Cerberus POV

After I was done setting the table I ran back to the kitchen and helped Harper take the food to the table. As I entered the once empty dining room I was hit in the face by all the chatter and laughter.

I smile at everyone as I set things down. Some people gave me smiles,  some scowls, and other didn't even look at me. But I was fine with them all.

I then saw Thea on the other side of the table and and she looked at me and smiled. I rush into the kitchen and grab the rolls as I walk towards her. But before I made it to her the tray was snatched from my hands by Coal.

"I got it little buddy." He told me and I huff a breath as I saw her giggle at me.

I felt my heart leap at the sound. I rush to the kitchen and I search for more things to take out but there was nothing. 

I then decided to just head into the dinning room and enjoy the evening with everyone.

I turn and see a window and I was drawn towards it. I look out and into the cloudless sky to only be met with a large full moon. I then felt heat consume my body as I felt pain explode over my skin.

I let out a streak as I drop to the ground. Then I heard all the voices rush in.

"What was that?"

"Is someone hurt?"

"Intruder?"

I yell again and then I heard her voice.

"It came from the kitchen."

I heard the small footsteps of pitter patter as I felt an ice cold hand land on my arm that felt like was on fire.

"Dad! Come quick!" She yells out and I heard the worry in her voice.

In rushed A aster Kyran and he looked down at me as I wither in pain.

"He is shifting." He said as he leans down and picks me up. I yell once more and I felt Thea grab my hand. I yell in pain again but this time it sounded inhuman.

The next thing I know is I was set down in the cool grass but at the same time the only thing that made this less painful was when Thea touched me.

I growl in pain as I felt something slowly elongate from my nail bed's. I spring open my eyes not even noticing I had them slammed shut. I turn to my right and see that everyone is out watching me.

I roar in pain as I heard a loud snap and my shoulder blades crack and snap as they reform. My arms snap in awkward places and I scream as I stand on my knees. I howl in pain my yells becoming transparent.

I growl lower and I felt my hands pop and crack as I watch them turn into hairless paws. I growl again and I then arch my back as I felt my spine snapping and growing longer.

I felt my ears move and grow as I felt muscles be moved to new spots.

I felt my body grows in size and the sound of ripping fabric caught my attention.

I roar again and this time I sound more like an animal. I growl as I felt little needles piercing my skin. I glance down as I saw fur on my paws. I felt my back legs break in awkward ways too, as I felt my tail bone extend from my lower back.

Long, lush, black fur covered my whole body and I stood there up on top of a hill with the moon as my background. The pain went away and I felt drawn towards the crowd. I look and saw all the vampires watch me with fear and pity. I shake my fur like a dog and slowly begin to walk towards them.

I step towards them and come face to face with Master Kyran. I am a small wolf but its probably because I am only seven. I sit infront of Master Kyran and bow my head once to show respect then I saw Thea push past him and she froze in my presence.

I wag my tail as I see her and lay down on the ground. She reaches out to touch my fur and before she could someone grabbed her wrist. I felt very angry very fast and I stood up quickly staring at the hand around her wrist.

I follow the hand up to the face of my Master and I felt a low growl come in. I glare at him and he glares at me.

"You are my slave. Remember." He growls at me as I sat there confused as I sat down I saw Coal toss clothes on the ground infront of me. He must have gotten them early. Once he and everyone else left I close my eyes and shift back to my huma form. I get dress and jogged back the clan house.

The rest of the night everyone gave me the cold shoulder even the people who are actually nice to me did.

After dinner I helped to clean up dinner and did the dishes as I clean the table and sweep the floor.

"Goodnight, Cerberus." Yawned Harper and I said goodnight to her as well.

I finished up sweeping and once I was done with that I went into the kitchen to continue to clean the kitchen.

In the mist of cleaning I never heard the kitchen door open but some how I sensed who it was.

"Thea, you should be in bed." I said over my shoulder.

"How did you know it was me?" She asked and I shut the water off as I set the last knife in the sink.

I turn towards her and shrug.

"I don't know. I can just sense your presence." I tell her as I grab a rag and the squirt bottle. I spray the counter and wipe it down.

Then I felt a small hand on my fore arm and I freeze as I felt sparks fly. I snap my head to my arm and then j look at Thea.

"Thea?" I asked and she nods.

"I can feel them too." She said and I sigh. I stand there as she rubs my arm playing with the sparks.

"Please stop." I say straining the words. She does and pulls away. I go and put the bottle away and the rag and clasp my hands together.

"All done." I say and turn towards her.

"Cerberus, do you want to be firends?" She asked me and my heart aches.

"Yeah." I said nodding my head.

"Okay, let's be the best of firends." She said and she rushed towards me with her super speed.

"Oh, sorry." She said when she bumped into me from the speed she was traveling in. She hugged me and I did the same.

"Best firends." I say while I hug her back.