Ch35: Canada

Cerberus POV

We ran.

I decided to try and get out of sight of the prying eyes in the city so we head for the farm lands. Once we saw the fields we kept moving forward reminding ourselves that we are and always will be on the run. The day started to become night as the sun went down and the moon came up.

I then heard a voice from beside me.

"Cerberus?" Asked Squeak and I glance at him to show him I was giving him my attention.

"Do you have an idea on where we are heading?" He asked and I start to slow down. We finally broke into a forest and we decided to take a break and rest.

"Um, no. I was so caught up in the idea of escaping that I didn't know where to go." I say as I look down in defeat and also thought.

"Well, why not the place where werewolves are more profound." Said Rage as I look up at him.

"You mean Canada?" Asked Glad and I become interested.

"Canada? Where is that?" I asked and Rage lifts his eyes to the stars and then does a complete one eighty and the looks deep into the forest while pointing in that direction with his snout.

"That way." He said and I stand up.

"Okay, let's get going then." I say and no one argued. I saw that Thea was tired and I smile.

"Thea hop on my back." I said to her and she nod with sleep as she hops on my back and I stand up straight. I lift my nose into the air and let out a long, deep, howl into the night sky and others respond as I turn and follow after Rage as he lead the way to Canada.

The run there was long and we troted for most of it. It took us werewolves about three days with running, trotting, resting, and all over again. We then came to a complete stop once Rage stopped.

"Rage?" I question and he just stared into the snow covered forest. It has started snowing for about a day when we started to get closer to our destination.

"This is the border." Rage said as he turned towards me.

"Okay, Squeak, me and you are going to scout into the forest." I said and I saw Squeak nod at me.

I turn so that I face Thea and I nudge her sleeping face.

"Thea, wake up." I tell her and she slowly stirs.

"What? Geez, its cold." She whispered as she woke up and slid off my back. I smile and look to Glad.

"Watch her for me?" I asked and he nods. I nod back in approval and turn towards the forest.

"Come on, Squeak." And after I said this we took off into the forest. We ran so our paws made footprints in the cold snow.

We ran for about a few miles and we didn't see any threats so I let out a loud howl and with in a few minutes heard the pounding of paws. I turn and was met by several wolves.

But to my dismay, they weren't the slaves.

I saw Squeak stand tall even if these twenty or so wolves where much bigger than him. A large brown wolf stepped forward and snarl.

i am a few inches taller than this wolf but I think I'm supposed to cower in his presence.

I look around behind him and saw his wolves a mix between male and female. I then square my shoulders and let out a bone chilling roar. The wolves on this brown wolfs side step back and even Squeak steps back from me.

With this pronounced I heard the thunder of paws as I then heard the sliding of snow and dirt as I was then backed up by the slaves.

"Who are you?" Growls the large brown wolf.

"I am Cerberus." I say in a steady tone.

"And these here are slaves." I growl as I motioned my snout to my left and right as I heard the wolves growl. I glare at the other wolves and I can smell thier fear.

"What pack are you from?" Growls the wolf.

"We are a pack of slaves and this is Alpha Cerberus!" Growls out Glad and I look at him as I turn and glare at the other wolf.

"You heard him. I'm the alpha of this pack." I said and a smile creeper onto my face.

"Well, you seem like a strong male?" Spoke a gray wolf. She had a glint in her eye and the male looked at her in longing. She smiled at me and I heard the brown wolf growl at me.

"This here is the Alpha's hier, alpha Don." She said to me and I nod while standing up straighter.

"we are having an alpha ceremony to see who wants to challenge the young alpha and have a chance to rule, will you be there young alpha?" She asked and alpha Don snapped his head to her and growled. She flinched a bit and that made me spark in a protective stance and it made home step back. She smiled even bigger and I stare straight at the alpha.

"We will join. Lead the way." I said and she smiled.

"Follow me." She said with a smile and I glanced at Alpha son. He glared at me but then his eyes widen. He then snapped his head back and growled loudly making the rest of his pack go on full alert.

"There is a vampire on our land!" He growls and I widen my eyes as Thea came into sight. The Alpha barked and then charged as I saw Thea standing on the side of Rage. He wasn't paying attention until he heard the bark and then stood protectively infront of her. I roared loudly and charged at the wolf.

Right as he was about to tackle Rage I had jumped over him as I bite his scruff and spun us so I through him away from my pack.

He hit a tree and I stood infront of my pack as we all stood around Thea.

"You are protecting her?" Roars out Alpha Don.

I stomp my foot down and roar loudly as I glare at the wolf.

Hell yeah I'm going to protect her with my life.

"I will always protect my mate!" I growl out loudly and all the wolves except for Squeak, Glad, and Rage had a shocked look on thier faces.

This is going to be fun.