Ready, set, game!

Megatron

It had been a quiet day. Apparently Megatron decided to push some of the more dastardly activities to the side to spend some more time with you.

Ever since your return, the warlord had been making sure to keep you as happy as possible. Not that you mind it in the slightest; when he is in your company he also seems more at ease and content. This kept him from lashing out at others.

But what had the two of you been doing the whole day? 

It started off with an hour or four of the human ex-gladiator teaching you to fight with weapons since, as he had put it, "you can already punch hard enough to dent his hand", and thus were in no need to study the art of fistfighting further. 

After proving your capability of holding a sword and shooting a thing or two, much to Megatron's proud surprise, you went on to having lunch and talking. Dreadwing soon joined the discussion and you had a wonderful time talking about non-military stuff. 

Then the tournament started- the chess tournament. Post rule-checking and explaining, you were able to coax both Decepticons in to playing a round or two with you as witness. It was here that Megatron's intelligence and strategic brilliance came forth. 

Dreadwing had to excuse himself after ten losses. 

"You are very good at this game." You stand up, fixing your clothes.

"Indeed, now let us see how you fare when battling my army." Megatron smirked as he placed the pieces in their starting positions.

You agreed in playing, but only because of that damn handsome smile.

------------------------------------------

Defeat came after defeat. It didn't matter how hard you tried. Every time you thought you had the upper hand, Megatron would prove you wrong. Round after round you would hear the words "check mate", try to see where you went wrong, then demand you play again.

Eventually the day turned to night and still you were at it. Megs found it amusing each time you would determinedly ask for another game. He always had something playfully snarky to say. After some time, however, the man got bored.

"(Y/N)," Megatron tries to gain your attention. You "hm?", eyes glued to the chessboard before you. "I believe it's getting late. Perhaps we should call it a night?" 

"No! Please, one more round?" You clasp your hands together as you plead with him. You can win, you know you can. 

The man's eyes light up with affection. "Very well, but this is the last round, agreed?" 

"Agreed." 

You then reset the pieces for the final time. "Which colour do you want to be?" 

"I shall take the black pieces to allow the lady the first turn," the man tauntingly purrs. 

Eyeing him from the corner of your eyes, you make the first move. A pawn is moved two spaces forward, initiating the final battle. 

A dark pawn soon joins the other on the battlefield. 

The pawns are out to play, followed by a knight and bishop. 

More soldiers and members of the artillery are moved to place. 

The battle turns bloody as the fighters fall, but the royalty on both sides stay to watch. 

Then, after so many lost, a victor prevails by taking the other's castle by storm.