Beautiful places... (Breakdown)

Post hose-cleanup, you and Breakdown changed into some swimwear.

Yes, swimwear.

This left you to wonder what exactly the "surprise" was the man had planned.

Both of you sat in Breakdown's alt-mode. The radio played faintly and the windows were down (mostly to just get rid of the tomato smell). Your phone suddenly rang. "Hello?"

"Hey (Y/N), it's Steve. I just wanted to know if you and Breakdown survived the fight. Was it fun?"

"Frag yeah! I wish you guys were there too. We should definitely all go next year."

"Frag yeah!"

You laughed at the copycatting mech. Somewhere in the background you could hear two other voices excitingly asking questions, followed by Steve whispering for them to shut it. There were some more giggles."They haven't gone there yet!" he whisper-yelled before clearing his vocaliser. "Well, I don't want to bother any longer. Have fun~!" The call ended.

"Was that Steve?" Breakdown glanced to you then back to the road.

"Yup! He wanted to know how it was. They all acted weird though." You put your phone away again, all attention on the man driving.

"Haha! Yeah, that's the vehicons for you. A bunch of weirdos..." Breakdown said suspiciously.

You raised an eyebrow. "Uh-huh..."

You took a few turns, moving off the main road and onto some much smaller ones. Each time you asked Breakdown where you were going, he would say "You'll see," or "You have to wait and find out." As the paved roads became dust paths, you decided to busy yourself with thinking up weird possibilities.

"Are we going to another carnival? The Spanish Coney Island, maybe?"

"Nope!"

"What about an aquarium? 'World's most secluded fish House'."

Breakdown snorted. "No, but good joke."

"Okay, we are going to a water park."

"Also a 'no'. That's where we're going to spend our afternoon."

You reached the crest of a large hill. This vantage point revealed your surprise: a small, secluded beach.

Small bushes and succulents verged on the edge of the winding dunes. They jutted out and wound down, becoming smaller closer to the flat terrain closest to the ocean. There, the soft ivory foreshore gave way to the waves. Mixed within the sands were shells and pebbles of every shape and colour. They reflected the bright sunstreaks, each sparkling. At one end of the beach, a cliff's edge dangled above the foam below.

Breakdown parked his alt in a spot under a tree where the ground wasn't too loose. This left a quite a stretch to walk. The man jumped out and hoisted himself up to get the items he had tied to the roof.

"Need any help?" You stood to the side and watched him struggle with a knot, enjoying the view perhaps a bit too much.

Breakdown grunted, the tie finally giving. "Uh, yeah. I'm going to lower everything down. Can you just put it down on the ground?"

"Sure. It's not too heavy, right?"

"Why? Scared the towels will crush you?" he teased.

"Just give me the fragging stuff."

----------------------------------

You throw your towel out across the sand. "There! Everything's packed out."