Breakup (Starscream)

9 Chapters Left...

__________________________________

*(A/N): Before we start reading, I want to ask for your help. I have mentioned that I want to write a novel to one day publish and sell, and I would like to know what sort of books people prefer. Here's a link to the poll on Quotev (if the link does not work, simply look up "Mixnote" on Quotev and you will find it [and me!] or message me directly). 

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/12082616/I-am-writing-an-actual-novel

Thank you!*

When the lights go down- Matt Simons

"How high can you go?" You sat in the jet's cockpit, eyes locked on the green earth below.

"Would you like to see?" Starscream asked softly. The mech almost became amused when you eagerly nodded your head. If only it were a different circumstance, he would have even smiled; he could have felt happy.

"Very well." 

He adjusted his nose so it faced upwards. His body followed as he made a trajectory straight for the stratosphere. Up you both went. 

Up and up and up beyond the other aircraft's paths; past the ozone layer; farther than Starscream had ever taken you before. You passed the point that any regular human-made crafts could go. You were in the servos of a seeker. A seeker you trusted. 

He couldn't power down. The many thoughts and memories which rattled in his helm would not allow it. The seeker shifted from his side to his back, making sure to not hurt his wings. 

Starscream felt disgusted. Had he really thought that he could care for a human? No! He was a seeker! An air commander! He had just been in solitude so long that he wasn't in his right processor. Yes! That was it! That was why he even grew close to you in the first place. It had to be…

Your face showed awe. Awe of the sight before you. Awe at the amazing experience he was sharing with you. Awe at him, at what he could do and what he was… 

Finally, he got to the point where he could go no further without risking your safety. He would make sure that your final flight was special. The floor of soft clouds below glowed with the flames of the sun as heavenly bodies threw light into the black of eternity above. Gravity's pull was dull, leaving you to hold tighter onto the jet for support. You trusted him to keep you safe in such a possibly dangerous place. 

Perhaps he should have told you sooner? He should have told you what was bothering him when you asked the first time. He should have told you that his glitch of a clone had come back and threatened to… 

What would that matter? You are out of harm's way while he himself is still in a place of danger. 

Starscream scoffed. 

Slipstream is probably laughing at him at this very moment. 

His servo came to lay on his chassis, only to find it lacking a certain warmth. 

"That's correct. No more human to keep you warm. You gave her to the Autobots." He turns to his side once again. His sharp digits clung to the spot over his spark. "You always screw up Starscream, no matter how hard you try." 

"Have you ever just wanted to keep on going? To keep on flying until you reached a place you could be free?" The seeker stayed silent. Of course he had, but they would always be able to find him. The Decepticons would always rope him back in. 

"I can't be free (Y/N), but perhaps I can give you your freedom." 

With a sonic boom, he shot back down to earth's surface, leaving no time for you to ask… or argue. 

"Are you certain that you are uninjured?"

Your face was red from crying as you numbly shook your head. "Not outwardly, Ratchet." 

The Autobot grumbled. He would have ripped Starscream apart himself if that mech laid a digit on you–

"What is that in the sky?" Hope bloomed in your chest. It was a fighter jet. 

"That mech's going to get it if he thinks he can just-! That's not Starscream…" 

The jet's projectiles rained down on you. Ratchet, unable to outdrive the aircraft, was forced to transform. He shielded you with one servo and aimed his handheld blaster with the other. 

"They will protect you, (Y/N)." You told him not to go. You asked him to stay with you. You trusted him. He could not protect you.

In the end, no-one could protect you.