Breakup (Knockout)

7 Chapters Left...
_______________________________________

8- Billie Eilish

A new ship full of cargo and soldiers had arrived– some drones, others fully hardened Cybertronian warriors. Combaticons, Constructicons, beasts and mechs with peculiar abilities all soon fell into their ranks on the warship. 

And amongst them, a medic. 

"(Y/N), do you see those records on the new medicine anywhere?" Knockout stood with his back struts in your direction as he searched through the boxes of note- and datapads in the corner of the medbay.

"No, I don't." You slowly pushed the tip of your shoe back, successfully sliding the datapad further under a piece of equipment. You were not going to allow him to simply give up all his hard work. Sure, Knockout was a narcissist who liked to sometimes skim work to go out driving, but he still spent hours creating cures and saving lives. 

The mech growled in frustration. "Where the frag did it go!?" 

"Maybe you already handed it to Scalpel. You already freely gave everything else up to that slag-head." 

The doctor stopped his rummaging. His body became tense as he brought a notepad up for inspection. "As much as I want to fall to the ground laughing at the name you just gave him, I can't help but feel like you are trying to insinuate something there, Doll." 

You scoff. "So, maybe I was," you jumped to the next table, "I'd like to know why you are just letting this go without a fight." 

Knockout sighed and placed down everything he was holding. Turning around, he leaned back against the cupboard. "Scalpel has been favoured over me by high command as Chief Medical Officer. What they say, goes." 

"But you are an amazing doctor, Knockout." 

"He is the better doctor." 

You clenched your fists at your sides. Was this guy seriously just giving in? "Says who?" 

He abruptly pushes himself up. "Listen, can we just drop this?" He was biting his denta on each other, you could tell. Two more datapads were taken up from a container to your side. "Scalpel is taking over. That's that," he growled out.

"And you just let him?" 

The 'pads are slammed down beside you, successfully cracking one and chipping the other. Knockout's flaring red optics bore into you. "What else am I supposed to do!?"

"Fight Knockout!" You threw your arms into the air. "Get your helm out of your aft and fight!" 

There was a loud screech as his sharp digits cut into the metal surface beside you. 

"Don't you dare think you know what I am supposed to do!" He cuts the air with his claw. 

"Don't think for a click that I am some prissy coward! You have no idea what they do to you if you don't do as they say!" 

Knockout I'm–"

A buzzsaw whirred to life."Get out of my medbay!" 

"But–"

"Now!"

"Fine," you walked to the door which opened automatically. You were done arguing. Some things just weren't meant to be, it seemed. "Not that this is your medbay anymore." 

The door closed behind you. All that laid before you were the dark halls of the warship.

And a pair of sinister optics. 

There was no time to scream for Knockout, nor enough strength to fight him off. 

His disturbing chuckle cackled in your ear. "Vell vell, it zeems Knockout vorgot to menzion zat he had a human zpezimem." The mad doctor glided a sharp talon over the side of your face. 

Knockout would not save you. 

Some things weren't meant to be.