Exploring Culture (Starscream)

Be Yourself- Good Luck

When you see "=======", start the music.

*Today (the 13th of February) is my birthday and instead of anyone giving me something, I decided to post the next chapter as a little gift to all of you! Happy birthday to anyone having their birthday today or any other days to come! 🎂*

The mech decided to surprise you with yet another of his interesting outings.

At first you weren't sure if you wanted to go, but after some persuasion from his part, you accepted.

Apparently he already had everything planned. He even took some time off from work.

And so you found yourself waiting for him as he entered coordinates into the groundbridge. As soon as it whirled to life, your mech joined you. He offered you his hand, which you happily took, and lead you through the vortex...

The moment you stepped out from the bridge, a wave of hot air brushed past. The air was more humid than usual.

You found yourself standing a little ways off from an old town. The older buildings were made from sandstone and clay with many modern structures placed around. Domes and columns were prominent on the larger buildings that lined the streets. On one side of you, you could see a patch of tropical forest. Palm trees stuck out of the ground creating an area thick with foliage. In the distance, the ocean swell glittered in the early-morning sun.

"Strange..." Starscream looked around, confused.

"What's strange?"

The seeker placed a hand to his chin."Last time I was here, there were more people..."

Sudden cheers from deeper within the walls of the town made both of you jump. The cheers were joined by shouts and music.

"Starscream, where are we?" you questioned, your hand tightening in his.

"Somewhere in India. I was going to take you for a walk to a spot I found the other day, but..."A quick glance at one another and you and Starscream were sneaking off to see what was going on.

Everything grew louder- the shouts, cheers, music and laughter.

Before you was a beautiful spectacle: people, clothed in different forms of attire raging from traditional Indian to t-shirts and shorts, were dancing in the streets. But even more beautiful were the multi-hued powder clouds that bursted to the skies.

Reluctant, you went closer. "What is this?" Starscream looked on in awe and slight horror.

As if forming from the dust itself, a young man and girl ran past you. "This is Holi!" The man exclaimed, sporting a large smile.

"It's the festival of colour and love! Come join us!" The girl motioned with her hand for you to follow as they bounded towards town.

"Let's go!" You followed the two, but Starscream did not seem in the mood. You, however, weren't going to deal with his slag so you grabbed his wrists and pulled him along. He could do nothing but complain as he was dragged to the edge of a small crowd.

The couple who invited you danced up to you. Green and orange already covered them as they showed you how things were done.

"Come on Star!" You bounced to the drums, joining in. The pale skinned man huffed in irritation, but started swaying to the music nevertheless.

It didn't take long for Starscream to get into it. He stuck with the rhythm as he swayed his hips. You giggled and copied him, much to his reluctant delight. It prompted him to go a step further.

He seemed to know how to get down.

He bobbed his head; locked and wove his arms; teetered on his legs and spun in circles as he showed off.

You laughed when he swung his arms and shook his booty. Starscream chuckled in return, going back to just bouncing. Eventually you merely threw your arms in the air and danced.

Without notice, a plume of bright powder was flung towards you. It dissipated into the air, momentarily blinding you.

You gasped and coughed.

When it came to rest, you and Starscream were identically layered in purple.

"You were much too clean!" an old woman laughed. The couple was with her, giggling and holding containers with powders.

Starscream wasn't too pleased, even wanting to yell at the people, but when seeing the joy splayed on your features, he decided to keep it to himself.

The containers were placed down and you were asked to become part of their family's celebration.

===================

The abir war began.

The change of music initiated the performance of rainbows.

Everything became a blur of sights and sounds.

Handfuls of powder were taken and thrown, shook and smeared over anyone close enough.

Twenty seconds in and you already managed to colour a few people, Starscream being one of them.

You backed away slowly as the man creeped closer- hands full and eyes glinting with mischief.

Of course you were Starscream's first victim. He felt it was only fair since you dragged him into this vibrant mess in the first place.

...And you anointed him with pink gulal the first chance you got.

With a burst of speed he bounded at you. Squeaking, you tried to retaliate with a spray of magenta.

Red rained down over you. The seeker joggled his favourite colour over your head as a brand of your betrayal.

Two of the family members brought squirt-guns and started splattering you with more gulal. Starscream, feeling like he was finally part of something, fully welcomed the idea of immersing himself in this human ritual.

Accepting fate, Starscream held his arms out wide to embrace the green liquid. You laughed at his display and decided to add another hue by rubbing a smattering of yellow on his cheeks.

Realising that you no longer had anything throwable, you darted your head from side to side in search for powder.

As the others were distracted with one another, you took your chance and ran for the closest container of abir.

You squealed as a pair of arms wrapped around your midsection to tug you away from the ammunition.

"Don't think you can escape me!" Starscream smiled. He twirled you around and drew you back amongst the others...