"Thank you...."

|Spooks wrote this |

3rd person POV

It was the weekend and Dark was in no mood to play or do anything else, so he stayed inside playing games and doing things he had hoped would distract him from Anti.

To some, Dark may have been overreacting since he had new friends that were nice to him and were willing to help with whatever problems he had, and Dark did like them, however...

Anti was his first ever "friend" ever, even before he had moved.

Or at least that's what Dark thought.

Losing Anti felt like losing family, and he couldn't bear to go through that pain again.

"Dark, can I come in?" His father asked gently, his voice muffled by the door.

"Y-yea." Dark answered.

Despite having tried everything, Dark still wasn't happy...

His father poked his head in and slowly walked over to Dark, sitting next to him on the bed.

"What's wrong? You're not usually like this." Damien remarked with a parental smile.

Dark didn't respond, pretending to be focused on the game he was playing that he had forgotten the name of.

"Did something happen at school?" His father prompted worriedly as he stroked Dark's raven black hair.

"....Y-You know Anti? The ki-kid who's house I went to..." Dark started.

"Yes, little boy with pale skin?" His father asked, just to be sure they were on the right page.

"Yeah. W-Well I want to be his friend...b-but this mean kid called Xilef keeps stealing him away and not letting me hang around with Anti..." Dark admitted.

"Is Xilef the kid who threw a ball at you and who you had made jealous?" Damien replied.

"Y-Yea that's him." Dark nodded, pausing the game so he could focus on the conversation since it was now unavoidable.

His father furrowed his brow, looking slightly more worried than before with concern shining in his eyes.

"Why is he doing this? Do you know?" He asked, but Dark shook his head.

"N-No....I think he does it c-cuz he likes  being mean..." Dark remarked, bringing his knees to his chest and resting his chin in the middle of them.

"Well...I think he's just jealous." Damien reasoned.

"J-Jealous? Of me? Why? H-He's one of the most-t popular people in the school-l.....why would he be jealous of me?" Dark frowned in confusion as he looked up at his dad.

"Well, because he sees you as a threat for being popular. Remember when you told me you made him mad on the first day when you showed off your powers and everyone was impressed?" Dark's father pointed out.

Dark nodded slowly, able to remember the day clearly eve though it felt like it had been months ago.

"Well to him that's threatening his reputation, and he doesn't like that, so he acts mean to people to seem tough , when in reality he's not at all. Try not to let him get to you ok, that's what he wants. As for the whole friend situation, I recommend talking to Anti about this. You're a lovely person Dark, and anyone would love to have you as a friend." Damien assured his son as he he lovingly ruffled his hair.

"H-Hey!" Dark laughed slightly, smiling up at his dad

"...I miss mom." Dark sighed softly, remembering how she was usually the one there to encourage him.

"I know bud, I miss Seline too." Damien agreed, rocking the boy in his arms.

"I love y-you dad." Dark spoke, his voice muffled by his dad's chest.

"I love you too son." Damien smiled, pressing a kiss to Dark's head.

"Now," Damien abruptly stood up, rubbing his hands together.

"You go talk to Anti, I gotta get things unpacked. Remember who's coming over?"

"M-Mark?" Dark asked hopefully, wanting it to be his favourite cousin he hadn't seen since he had moved.

He beamed in excitement when his father nodded in confirmation

"Yep, so go quick." Damien encouraged Dark.

Dark nodded hastily, rushing out his room and to the front door, ready to confront Anti.

But, as he got closer to the door of his friend, his confidence of a king was quickly diminished to that of a peasant, his run now a slow shuffle.

He gulped and took a deep breath to gather his thoughts before he lightly rapped his knuckles on the wooden door.