Finally

After the two males had painted and the baby's room that had been decorated, the two were rushing around tidying everything around the house and making sure everything was in tip-top shape for the inspection.

Today was the day they were going to get inspected and hopefully they'd pass so they'd finally get to have Sam as their daughter.

The two got dressed into some nice yet simple clothes before the sound of knocking was heard.

After calming down, the two rush downstairs and answer the door, politely greeting the inspectors.

"Hi, welcome to our home! Would you like something to drink?" Anti asked kindly, his hands clasped behind his back to hide his nervous fidgeting.

"Some coffee would be nice." The head inspector replied cooly, their voice monotone.

Their assistant behind them waved at the couple with a small smile, holding a clipboard to their chest.

"Of course, I'll be right back." Anti nodded as he speed walks into the kitchen while the inspectors look around.

Once finishing the coffee and handing it to the inspectors, Anti stands by Dark and watches the inspectors look around their house.

"How's it looking so far? Do they look pleased?" Anti whispered to his husband.

"Well the a-assistant looks pleased b-but I don't now about the head inspector." Dark stuttered nervously, rubbing his arm anxiously

"Hey, look at me." Anti directed seriously, looking up at Dark. Once his husband's eyes met his he took Dark's hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

"It'll be ok, I'm sure we'll pass." He muttered reassuringly, smiling softly at him.

Dark smiled back, squeezing his lover's hand back .

"Y-You're right, I shouldn't worry." Dark whispered with a some what relaxed sigh.

After hearing a small surprise yelp from the assistant the two headed towards where they were.

"You have a dog?" They gasped, pointing outside in the garden to where Buddy was standing on his hind legs against the door, tail wagging as he saw the strangers.

"Uhm..yes..I-is that a problem?" Dark asks worryingly.

"Well is he dangerous?" They ask, getting out their pen.

"No not at all, plus h-he's well trained and a good guard dog." Dark mentally cursed at himself for stuttering, hoping it didn't come off as if he was lying.

The assistant wrote that down and let the dog inside, telling it to sit , and thankfully the dog did.

The head assistant comes back downstairs after checking the whole of the upstairs and beckons the assistant over. The two started to discuss in hushed voices as the lovers stood back nervously, hoping they were talking about good things.

The head assistant turns and heads over to the door, urning around to face the males.

"After inspecting your home...I'm glad to say it is just the right place to bring up a child."They suddenly start smiling, the first time they showed genuine emotion.

Before leaving, they placed the coffee mugs down and waved goodbye, shutting the door behind them.

The two smiled brightly at each other, hugging one another as they danced about happily, Buddy joining.

The next day Karen and a male from the orphanage came to their house with Sam.

"Please don't mind us, we're just here to see your behaviour with her ." Karen stated as she gently sets Sam in the arms of Anti.

"Hi little Sammy." He says with a joy filled voice, his smile brighter than the sun.

Sam looked at him, seeming to process who he was, an adorable little smile spreading across her face.

"She's really adorable." Dark remarked softly, smiling as well as he stood behind Anti, peeking over his shoulder

Sammy reaches up and boops Dark on the nose, making the two males chuckle.

"God I love her already." Anti sighed in content with a joyous gleam in his eyes.

"Me too Anti, me too." Dark added as he kisses his husband's cheek.