Departure

|Apologies for republishing this chapter , Wattpad had deleted an extra part I wrote and it caused conf between the both of us ,so here it is again. The new part should hopefully be out soon|

|Spooky wrote this|

Once Dark had packed about everything, including his clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste, glasses, phone (which his father had recently given him for his fifteenth birthday), and whatever else he needed that Mark had recommended.

Dark had never been any place without an adult, so it was both scary and exciting for him since he tended to worry about most situations unlike Mark who just was thrilled to go there and bubbling with excitement.

"M-Mark are you sure this'll be ok? I mean it is quite awhile away....something c-could happen on the train ...o-or to us on the camp or-" Dark started rambling on about possible dangers or situations that were highly unlikely.

Mark rolled his eyes and huffed.

"Dark....." Mark sighed softly.

"S-Someone could s-steal all our stuff-"

"Dark!" He repeated a little louder.

"Or the train could never bring us back and we'd be stuck there forever a-"

"DARK!" The browned eyed boy shouted, finally making his cousin shut  up and look towards him, slightly stunned at being shouted at.

Mark gripped Dark's tense shoulders so he could look him in the eyes.

"Calm the fuck down. We are not going to be in any danger or in some situation where we won't return, just relax." Mark told him in a stern tone.

Dark sighed and managed to relax a little, his shoulders drooping once he stopped keeping them tense. 

"Y-you're right, sorry " Dark apologized as he awkwardly rubbed his arm.

"I always am." Mark Mark replied teasingly, relieved to see Dark calmer as he let Dark's shoulders go.

"Have you told Anti yet?" Mark asked.

Dark looked down at his shoes and remained silent, which Mark knew meant that he hadn't yet.

"I'd tell him now, were leaving soon." Mark advised.

Dark nodded as he got up, walking quickly to the door.

"Dad I'm just gonna go to Anti's house quickly!" Dark called out to his father.

"Alright, but you better be quick then!" His father told him , grabbing some food for the boys to eat on the way there.

Dark practically trudged to Anti's house filled with dread. He regretted not putting on a coat since it was cold out and he was a relatively skinny boy.

At least I'm bot as skinny as Anti, Dark thought with some relief.

He knocked on the door and was surprised when Anti's father answered. 

"Uhm....I-is Anti here?" Dark asked hopefully, trying to peek into the house in sight of Anti.

"No sorry, he's out with his mother, he should be back soon though. Why do you need him?" The man asked Dark.

"I-I just needed to tell him-m that I'm going s-somewhere for a-a month or so and-d he m-might not see me for a-awhile...." Dark explained to the man, shivering.

"Alright, I'll pass that onto him. I hope you have a nice time wherever you're going." Anti's father promised.

Dark thanked the man before jogging back inside his home, wishing he could've told Anti goodbye face to face.

------

Mark and Dark walked side by side through the train station, Mark's mom and Dark's dad just behind them.

Despite having different parents, they looked scarily similar.

They were approaching the the gates where you needed your ticket to pass. Mark could go through straight away since he had his ticket in hand, but Dark had put his in his suitcase for safe keeping

"Mark go through, I-I'll meet you by the boarding hall." Dark said to him, earning a nod as Mark passed through and headed to the boarding hall where their train was going to arrive

Just as Dark got his ticket out and zipped his suitcase back up, he stood and heard his name being shouted by a familiar voice.

"DARK WAIT!" Dark could see someone dodging and weaving through the crowd with their small height and frame as they ran towards him.

He knew exactly who it was once he saw the flash of green.

"Anti..."Dark said, surprised by his friend.

Anti soon stopped running once he reached Dark, gasping as his lungs burned.

"I came...as...soon as...my dad...told me you...were leaving." Anti panted, swiping a few stray stands of hair out of his face.

Once he was able to catch his breath , Anti stands , looking at his friend inna confused manner

"W-Why didn't you tell me .." Dark looks away, rubbing his wrist as he explained

"I-I just didn't want to upset-t you I guess .." Dark stutters

Anti smiled softly, chuckling at his friend

"Oh Dark , ya big goof " Anti hugged him , and Dark of course returned the hug

"I-I'm gonna miss you..." Anti admitted  , rubbing his best friends back as they hugged

"Me t-too....but we'll see each other at secondary school " Dark said , trying to lighten the mood despite the fact he knew they'd still miss each other dearly

"Yea ...Expect a big hug when you get back " Anti chuckles, making Dark smile at those words, already knowing he'd want to be back quicker

The two reluctantly let go of the hug and Dark goes through the gates to board the train

Once getting in the train Dark leans his head against the window, waving at Anti as he waved back.

The train began moving, slowly chugging forward, going faster but by bit

As the train started to get faster Anti ran , he ran still waving at Dark till there was no more platform to run on and Dark's train was like a dot in the distance