True Love Finds A Way

"What did you say?" Anti whispered back, even though he was certain he had heard Dark correctly.

The dark haired male didn't respond as he froze up, his eyes widening in horror as he realised Anti heard him.

His gaze instantly drifted to look at the comforter on the bed, his face burning red in embarrassment.

"You never came out, so I...I just thought...." Anti trailed off as he tried to comprehend Dark's words.

"Look, can we just change the subject?" Dark pleaded, his eyes shining with hurt as he finally looked at Anti.

"Dark, you should've told me." Anti insisted gently, ignoring Dark's request.

"Why should I have?! You've been with so many other people!" Dark snapped in barely restrained rage that hid the sadness he had felt for so many years.

"I went out with so many people because I thought I'd never have you." Anti replied in a voice so quiet that Dark almost didn't hear him.

"Y-You like me?" Dark stammered in disbelief.

"Of course Dark! We've been best friends for years, and you've always been there for me, even when the people I thought I loved weren't!" Anti exclaimed.

"Then why did you never say anything to me?" Dark countered.

"You never said anything about being into guys, and I just assumed that you didn't date anyone since you hadn't found the right person yet." Anti answered.

"First of all, I'm pan. Secondly, you were right. I hadn't found the right guy....until now."

Before Dark could chicken out of the decision he had made, he leaned towards Anti and pressed his lips against the other male's.

Anti stiffened in surprise at first before he melted into the kiss, his arms wrapping around Dark and pulling him closer.

"I think you stole my second kiss." Dark whispered jokingly as they broke off for air.

"Watch out, I might steal the rest of your kisses." Anti warned Dark teasingly as he rested his forehead on Dark's.

"Feel free to." Dark shot back as he brushed a few stray strands of hair out of Anti's eyes so he could look into them.

Soon the night turned from a night of consolation into a night of celebration as the pair cuddled to watch Disney and eat the cookies Dark had brought.

By the time they started Cinderella, Anti was drifting off with crumbs still scattered on his face.

"I love you Darki." Anti mumbled sleepily as he buried his face into Dark's chest.

"I love you too, my Prince Charming." Dark whispered back as he pressed a kiss to the top of Anti's head, wishing the night would never end as he watched Cinderella and the Prince danced the night away.