Boys will be Boys

|Spooks wrote this|

Before Dark's dad could even open the door, it burst open revealing a very happy yet worried Mark.

He was around Dark's height and also had black hair, tan complexion and gentle chocolate brown eyes.

"Dark, you're ok!" Mark sighed in relief as he practically tackled his cousin with a tight hug like always and knocked him over onto the concrete ground

"I-It's good to see you too-o Mark" Dark smiled as he hugged back his overly affectionate cousin, a little in pain from being tackled.

"Why'd you run off?! " Mark questioned, being lifted off of Dark by his parents to give Dark a chance to actually get up and brush himself off.

"Well you see...I-it's Uhm..."

"It's a long story. " Damien finished, ruffling Dark's hair slightly. 

"Oh...well then come on inside so we can play!" Mark exclaimed as he grabbed Dark's wrist and practically dragged him upstairs to his room like a rag doll.

When they both reached upstairs and Dark could finally collect himself, he noticed that inside his room there was a mattress with a blanket and pillow on it.

Must be where Mark's sleeping, Dark mused.

Not that he minded.

"Now what do you wanna talk about? Or do you wanna play?" Mark asked eagerly, earning a shrug from Dark

"I-I don't mind." Dark mumbled.

Mark gave him a look that Dark recognized well.

Dark had a habit of not inputting his opinion, especially if someone wants to do something.

He'd say he wouldn't mind what they'd do since he doesn't like making things awkward to choose and he's to stubborn as well as selfless.

"Juuuussttt choose." Mark whined impatiently.

"Uhm ..." Dark trailed off thoughtfully,  trying to rack his brain for something they'd both like.

Mark groaned in frustration, clearly bored.

"Your a pain in the butt." Mark huffed.

"And y-you're a bumbum." Dark teased , using a nickname he'd always use for Mark to annoy him

"Shut it fart brain! " Mark retorted teasingly.

"Smelly!" Dark retaliated

"Poop brain!"

"Bum head!"

"Boys! Stop insulting each other!" Mark's mother Molly shouted at them from the bottom of the stairs.

"S-Sorry aunt Molly!" Dark shouted back before being tackled down by Mark.

Dark was quick to flip Mark and tickle him in defense, watching his cousin wildly squirm.

Mark started laughing like crazy, loosing to his cousins power of tickling no matter how hard he struggled.

"O-ok! You win I loose! HAHAHA." Mark laughs louder when Dark tickled him under his arm.

"You started it Markimoo!" Dark snickered.

"I know! I-I surrender." Mark manages to utter through his crazy laugher which eventually came to a stop once Dark stopped tickling him

"Ahem."

Both the boys looked over to find Dark's dad at the door, hands on his hips as he thumped his toe against the floor like Thumper.

"H-Hey Dad" Dark replied sheepishly, hastily standing up and helping Mark up.

"We've been calling you two down for ages." Damien stated tersely.

"Sorry..." Mark apologized meekly as he twiddled with his fingers, Dark awkwardly rubbing his arm.

Dark's dad chuckled a little at their expressions.

"It's alright, but if you two wanna continue play fighting then go ahead."

With that, he turned to leave, pausing briefly to peek back at them on his way out before going downstairs.

"But it just means more of Aunt Molly's famous chicken stew with dumplings for us." Damien added as he casually walked downstairs.

"Chicken stew! " Mark and Dark exclaimed in unison, both of them having shared love for the stew.

"LAST ONE DOWNSTAIRS IS A ROTTEN EGG!" Mark declared as he pushed his cousin onto the mattress before racing downstairs.

"HEY!" Dark yelled, scrambling to his feet and rushing down as well, determined to beat Mark despite the setback.