Family Matters

"Babe, I told you that you should go to sleep."

"Sleep is for the weak!"

Dark rolled over in bed to face Anti, rolling his eyes as he kissed Anti's forehead.

"I guess I submit to being weak, I'm fucking tired." Dark remarked as he closed his eyes, only for Anti to lightly prod him in the cheek.

"Dark, I-I wanna talk about something first." Anti admitted, his face blushing a light red hue.

"Can't it wait until morning?" Dark mumbled sleepily as he cracked his eyes open to look at Anti.

"I can't sleep and really want to talk to you about it now." Anti blurted.

"What's up?" Dark prompted, instantly more alert when he noticed the fear shining in his husband's eyes.

"I was thinking...I want to make a family with you Dark, I want to adopt a kid." Anti stated.

"A-are you sure we're ready?" Dark stammered in surprise as he propped himself up in bed using his elbows.

"I've been thinking about having a family for a long time, it really means a lot to me, but...." Anti trailed off with a sigh as he rubbed his faces with his hands.

"But what?" Dark interjected, his eyes shining with concern for his husband.

"I'm so afraid." Anti whispered, his eyes glittering with unshed tears.

"Anti, I know we'll both be great parents for our kid, everything will be okay." Dark assured Anti as he pulled him into his arms.

"B-but what if-"

"Shh, no what ifs, everything will be fine." Dark interrupted, running a hand through Anti's hair to calm him.

"Now, what gender were you thinking?" Dark asked as he gently wiped away Anti's tears with the pad of his thumb.

"I was thinking of adopting a girl." Anti spoke, his words muffled as he buried his face into Dark's chest.

"Alright, was there an age you wanted?" Dark continued.

"Adopting a baby would be perfect so we would be there to see them grow up." Anti decided.

"Then we'll look into adoptions centers tomorrow morning." Dark promised with a smile, earning a light smile from Anti.

"Goodnight sweetheart." Dark murmured as he pulled Anti closer towards him and closed his eyes.

"Goodnight Darki." Anti replied with a yawn before he too closed his eyes to sleep.

When morning came, Dark woke up to his phone ringing, alerting him that he was getting called.

Dark carefully slid his numb arm out from under Anti and picked up his phone from where it was lying on their bedside table.

"Hello?" Dark answered groggily, rubbing his eyes with his free hand.

"Hey Dark, I have some big news to share! Is Anti awake?" Mark asked hopefully, his voice brimming with excitement.

"Dark, who's that?" Anti asked as he woke up, stretching his arms high over his head.

"He's awake, what's up Mark?" Dark asked.

"So, Amy and I just found out this morning that Amy's pregnant!" Mark exclaimed happily, causing a smile to spread across Dark's face.

"That's great, I'm happy for you guys! Anti and I have news as well." Dark added.

"We're looking into adopting!" Anti yelled into the phone.

"Seriously?! Dude that's so cool! I wish you guys the best of luck and-hang on, I gotta go, Amy's sick." Mark explained hastily before quickly hanging up.

"Poor Amy." Anti remarked as he sat up.

"Yeah, I guess it's a good thing we don't have to worry about that." Dark replied.

"No, but we do have to worry about where we'll go to adopt." Anti countered.

"Don't worry about that, I'll find somewhere." Dark promised as he kissed Anti.

"Now c'mon, we gotta eat and get dressed our best for our child."