Supercorp | Confession

Kara's P.O.V.

I rush to open the door to my apartment following a sharp knock, swinging it open to see Lena standing there. I smile widely, pulling her in for a welcoming hug. She smiles back but is lacking convincing enthusiasm, not helped by her pounding heart.

"Hello Kara." Lena fiddles with her hands, showing uncharacteristic nervousness and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Hi! What're you doing here?" Her nervousness is making me nervous and I'm not appreciating it. Lena is usually the calm one, she's the balance in our friendship and right now the scales aren't even.

"I wanted to, um, talk to you about something important," Lena explains, continuing to wring out her hands.

"Of course! Come in, come in! Let's sit down." I usher her into the loft, practically dragging Lena to the couch. She sits down, positioning her body towards me but avoiding my eyes. "Lena? What's wrong?"

"There's something I would like to tell to you. I, well, I..." As she trails off nervously, I move closer to her on the couch and snake an arm around her shoulders.

"Hey, take your time. If you aren't ready, you don't have to do this. I'm here for you, always." I give her a squeeze for good measures.

"No, I want to—I have to. I might never tell you if I don't tell you now," Lena pauses, taking a deep breath. "I, um, we're friends—we've been friends for awhile—and over that time we've grown quite a bit closer. And I've, uh, developed feelings—romantic feelings—for, well, you." Our eyes don't meet as she pulls herself away from me and moves to stand up. Catching Lena by the wrist, I leave my spot on the couch.

"Hey, you didn't give me time to respond." Tugging her back, Lena's body turns towards mine. Before I can think more than I want to, my lips are pressed onto Lena's. And we're kissing. We're actually kissing. Rao help me if this is a dream.

"I like you too," I say after we separate and Lena looks about two seconds away from pinching herself. My expression isn't probably much different.

"I can't believe this is happening," she whispers and I almost laugh. Instead, I lean in again.