Supercorp | Corn Maze

Kara's P.O.V.

"Come on! It'll be fun!" I urge Lena, standing in front of her desk. She looks at me calculatingly and then sighs.

"Fine," she gives in, setting down the papers she was shuffling through.

"Yay! You're the absolute best." I clap my hands together and squeal.

"I know." She grins at me and I laugh. Lena stands up and walks around her desk, grabbing her purse in the process.

"We need to go home so I can change into less business-y clothes," she says and I nod, kissing her on the cheek happily.

"Let's go, then," I drag her out of the office and all the way down to the parking lot.

_____
___
_

"Why did I agreed to go to a corn maze with you, again?" Lena sighs, slowly walking towards the ticket booth.

"Cause you love me," I grin at her childishly and she nods, leaning in to kiss me. I meet her halfway and kiss her softly.

"Now come on." I pull Lena over to the ticket booth and get our wristbands before dragging her into the maze of corn.

"Why did we have to go when it was dark outside?" Lena complains and I laugh, bumping her lightly with my shoulder.

"Because first I had to convince you to come, then we had to go home to change. Which took almost TWO hours in total," I explain, semi-patiently. I intertwine my hand in hers and yank her forward slightly, making Lena walk deeper into the maze.

An hour later, and we're lost. Well, not technically lost because I know exactly where we're supposed to be going but that would just ruin the fun of Lena dragging me along confusedly.

"Babe," she drags out the syllables slowly, "We're never going to get out of here."

"Yes, we will," I say, shrugging off her concern as typical Lena behavior and continue to walk around. I start to notice that Lena's breathing seems labored and that she's staying kind of silent. Mostly ignoring it, I make sure to stay closer her. I don't get completely worried until I've noticed she's stopped touching me and I hear her breathing starts to get really rapid. Turning to look at her, I immediately feel more worried than I was before. Tears are brimming Lena's eyes and she's staring off into the distance.

"Babe, what's wrong," I ask and stop walking. I reach out to rub her shoulder and she flinches away from me. Her breathing pace increases rapidly and soon, she's full on hyperventilating.

"Hey, hey, it's gonna be okay," I don't try to touch her and then it dawns on me.

She's having a panic attack.

"Lena, I'm gonna get us out of here, okay?" She nods and I start walking in the direction I know we need to go. We quickly escape the maze and Lena collapses on a bench nearby. I hurriedly sit down next to her and she quickly wraps her arms around me, resting her head on my shoulder. I immediately follow suit and hold Lena close to me. She starts sobbing violently into my shoulder and I rub her back, trying to calm her down.

We sit like that for a long time, Lena crying and me holding her close. When she finally stops crying, she pulls away from me in embarrassment.

"I am so, so sorry. I just freaked out and I know it was dumb and irrational. I just started to panic and I thought we were gonna be stuck out there in the middle of the night. I know I shouldn't have been freaking out and I ruined your fun and—"

"Honey, no. You did nothing wrong, I promise you. I'm always here for you and your feelings are completely valid. If you ever feel like this again, at anytime day or night, tell me and I'll be there. I love you, Lena." I take her hands in mine and give her my nicest smile.

"I love you, too," she shakes her head, a smile on her face as well.

"Come on, let's go home."