Sanvers | Beat Up

Alex's P.O.V. 

I'm sprawled out on the couch, waiting for Maggie to come home when, finally the door opens. Maggie appears looking completely different than I expected. She walks in, blood drying on her knuckles and face, her clothes having multiple tears in them, a huge bruise on her cheek, and trembling.

"Maggie! What happened?" I get up, about to rush over to her, but she ignores me and just walks straight into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. I hurry over to the door, scared out of my my mind.

"Maggie, open up! Please, talk to me," I beg, pounding on the door. I knock for over ten minutes, worried sick, until I slump against the door, exhausted and concerned.

"Maggie, please," I whisper, sinking to the ground and resting my back on the door. I hear movement behind the door and I perk up, thinking she's going to let me in, but nothing happens. A figure blocks the light coming out from the crack under the door and I know it's Maggie, sitting in the same position I am. I stick my fingers underneath the crack, just enough for her to see them and I breathe a sigh of relief when she touches them gently.

"I'm here when you're ready," I whisper and she taps my fingers, acknowledging that she heard me. I rest my head against the door and I fall asleep several hours later after knowing we aren't going to get anywhere tonight.

_____
___
_

I'm startled awake when I hear Maggie say my name, still on the other side of the door. I ease my fingers out of the crack, flexing and popping them.

"I'm here," I respond, making my voice sound as gentle as possible. Without any warning, the door starts to creak open and I jump up. Maggie shyly emerges from behind the door and I reach out to her, taking her hand in mine. I instantly notice the bruises forming along her knuckles and I study Maggie's face, noticing that the bruise from the night before has darkened and grown a little larger.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask and she shakes her head silently. I nod and immediately wrap my arms around her, making sure she knows I'll always be here.