Sanvers | Bad Day

Alex's P.O.V.

The door opens and then slams shut a second later, the first hint that something is wrong. "Sawyer?" I call out, rushing out to the living room. Maggie is standing there, her shoulders slumped and a defeated look on her face. "Bad day?" I ask softly, recognizing the look she's giving me.

Maggie nods very slowly, her face crumbling into devastation. I immediately hurry over to her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her close to me. "I've had the worst day," she whispers, her voice sounding completely broken.

"Oh babe," I breathe out, leading her gently over to couch. We sit down, Maggie partially on my lap and leaning on my shoulder. I reach up instinctively and start playing with her hair, combing through it with my fingers. We sit like that for a long time before Maggie pulls away, still looking exhausted.

"I'll make some popcorn and put on a movie. How does that sound?" I ask gently and Maggie looks up at me with overwhelming relief on her face.

"Perfect, thank you," she whispers, her voice soft and sad. We both get up and I hurry to the kitchen while Maggie goes to the bedroom to change into comfortable clothing.

She's already back on the couch by the time I bring the bowl of popcorn out and turn on a random movie. There isn't any protest from Maggie so I assume the movie is fine. I sit back down and she shifts, moving her head onto my lap.

I pull a blanket over her and turn my attention to the movie, absentmindedly playing with Maggie's hair. Halfway through the movie, I notice she's fallen asleep. I smile slightly, switching off the TV and picking up my girlfriend bridal style.

After carrying her to the bedroom, I set her down on the bed carefully and crawl in. Pulling the covers over both of us, I flip onto my side and rest my head next to her shoulder. "I love you," I whisper into the night, quietly falling asleep.