Sanvers | Insecure

Maggie's P.O.V.

Unlocking the door to Alex's apartment, I immediately know something is wrong. It's almost completely silent and Alex usually has music or the TV playing. Right now, there's nothing.

"Alex, are you home?" I ask, loud enough for her to hear me in a different room but not loud enough to be yelling. Sniffling comes from the bedroom before there's a response.

"Yeah," she calls out, her voice cracking slightly and sounding a little nasally. Worried, I make my way to the bedroom. Everything inside me breaks when I see Alex curled up on the bed with red, puffy eyes and tear tracks running down her face.

"Alex, honey, what's going on?" I ask, rushing to her side right as she starts crying again. I take a seat next to her on the bed and she immediately sits up, moving her head to rest on my shoulder. The sobs wrack her body and I pull her closer, not caring that my shirt is growing wet with her tears. I don't quite know what to do, but I try my best to stay calm and help Alex. Eventually, she stops crying and pulls away from me, clearly embarrassed.

"Babe, what happened?" Alex avoids my eyes, sighing but not saying anything. "Hey, look at me, please. I'm not judging you, I promise. I'm here for you."

"Why?" Her voice is strangled and it hurts knowing she's in pain and I can't do much to help.

"Why what?" I make sure to keep my voice soft and gentle, no matter how panicked I am.

"Why are you still here? Why are you still with me?" Alex shakes her head as if in disbelief and my heart drops.

"Alex, I love you. You make me happy and my heart flutters just thinking about you and that beautiful smile of yours. Because you, Alex Danvers, are the most special person I've ever met." The smile I give her conveys all the things she makes my feel. A tear falls down her cheek and I brush it away gently. Leaning in slowly, I kiss her quickly. When I pull away, there's a soft smile on her face that puts an even bigger smile on mine.

"I love you and only you."