Kara and Maggie | Coming Out... Again

Kara P.O.V.

I had to beg Alex not to tell Maggie that I'm bisexual. I know it took a lot for Alex to keep a secret from Maggie but I think she was also secretly pleased that I felt close enough to tell Maggie by myself. Maggie and I had planned a time to talk a few nights later and that night, when she knocked on my door, I was more nervous than I had been telling Alex.

I know, I know. It's dumb, Maggie is probably one of the most open-minded  people in the city, maybe the country. But I can't help being nervous. This is the first time I've come out to somebody who isn't family and this is also the first major conversation I've had with Maggie. I mean, the Supergirl conversation was between her and Alex and I wasn't there for it. So, this just kinda seems like a huge milestone in both our relationship and my life.

"Hi! Come in!" I greet Maggie cheerily after I pull open the door. She sends me a weird look but quickly gives me a hug and follows me to the living room.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Maggie asks after we've both taken seats on the couch.

"Well, you've become a huge part of Alex's life and it's really great how happy you're making her. Subsequently-"Maggie cuts me off with a laugh and I look at her nervously.

"Sorry, but 'subsequently' Kara? Really? Whatever you're gonna tell me, you don't need to be worried. I promise." She transforms into some version of a caring older sister midway through and the resemblance to Alex makes me smile slightly

"Right. So, anyway you've subsequently become a huge part of my life as well. I trust you and you've become a friend of mine. So, I wanted to tell you this face-to-face instead of Alex passing the information down to you. I... I'm bisexual." I glance up at Maggie nervously and she's smiling at me widely, her dimples showing prominently.

"Kara! That's great! And thank you for feeling comfortable enough to tell me directly," Maggie says happily and wiggles her eyebrows at me. "So, who's the special girl that made you realize this?" I smile shyly and groan.

"Lena Luthor," I mumble, avoiding eye contact with my sister's girlfriend. She squeals, actually squeals, excitedly.

"I knew it! Alex owes me 20 bucks!" Maggie cheers and I look at her with fake shock.

"You guys bet on me? Alex didn't tell me that!" I cry out, faking outrage. Maggie laughs hysterically and nods through her giggles.

"Well I'm gonna..." I threaten, trailing off. Maggie eventually stops laughing enough to give me a reassuring hug and thank me again. Afterwards, we talk for a while about things until Alex shows up at my door asking for details. We let her in, happily announcing that I didn't die.