Sanvers | The Gift

Maggie's P.O.V.

It's me and Alex's 5th anniversary. To celebrate, the entire gang is coming over to our apartment. James, Winn, Kara, and Lena are all coming to hang out. Tonight is basically gonna be a game night and we're all just going to have fun.

They're all here by 5 o'clock, Lena and Kara a little early and Winn and James exactly on time. By 6, we've played several games, gone through multiple boxes of pizza, and laughed ourselves to death.

"Be right back," Alex whispers in my ear and kisses my cheek as Lena and Winn argue over the scrabble game. Alex gets up off the couch and disappears into the bedroom for a few minutes. When she reemerges, Alex is holding her hands behind her back.

"Okay guys, I wanted to interrupt your game real quick to give Maggie her gift," She announces and there's several reactions within the group. Kara grins widely, James gives Alex a knowing smile, Winn and Lena stop arguing and look at Alex expectantly, and I blush shyly.

"Alex," I draw out her name slowly, "I thought we agreed on no presents. I didn't get you anything." Alex brings her hands out from behind her back, revealing a neatly wrapped package and she joins me on the couch again.

"We did, but you already got me the best gift ever by just being here," She counters, placing the present in my lap. I sigh reluctantly and kiss Alex quickly. The group cheers happily and Alex and I laugh.

"Open the gift. I'm dying here!" Winn calls out. We all chuckle and I turn my attention back to the rectangular cube on my lap. I carefully and slowly, peel back the wrapping paper. After pulling it all away, I reveal a glossy, black, photo album.

"Alex," I breathe out as I open the album and start flipping through the pictures. The images show Alex and I, sometimes with our other friends, through the years. The first game night I went to, Alex's birthday, our first Pride, our 1st anniversary, random moments of pure love between us. Everything.

"The pictures are curtesy of James Olsen," Alex says and I mouth a thank you to James before continuing to look through the photos.

"This is amazing." I lean in and kiss Alex passionately. "You're the best," I say after pulling away.

"I try," Alex grins at me teasingly and I bump her shoulder slightly.

"Anyways, back to Scrabble!" Alex announces and Lena and Winn immediately start arguing again.

"I love you," I whisper in Alex's ear.

"You too, forever."