Sanvers | Exhausted

Alex's P.O.V.

"I'm exhausted," Maggie announces right as she walks through the door. I glance up from where I'm laying on my back on the couch reading a book. Before I can say anything, Maggie walks over to me and lays down on her stomach right on top of me. She rests her head on my chest and places her hands on either side of my waist. I smile at her gently, setting my book down and kissing the top of her head lightly.

"You're really comfortable, you know that?" Maggie says, her voice sounding tired.

"Thanks?" I answer questioningly and wrap my arms around her body, hugging her closer to me. She snuggles her head up under my chin and I rest it on her head. I run my hands up and down Maggie's back, hoping to make her more relaxed. She continues to rest quietly on top of me and I smile softly when I notice she's fallen asleep. Her breathing has evened out and she seems so peaceful, I really don't want to wake her but we can't spend all night on the couch. I shake her lightly, trying not to startle her.

"Babe, we have to get off the couch and to the bed," I whisper into Maggie's ear and she groans quietly. She crawls off me tiredly and trails behind me to the bedroom. Slipping sleepily into bed, Maggie curls up under the covers and I do the same, making sure to have her body as close to mine as possible. I snake my arms around her, pulling her into my body and she sets her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes in exhaustion. I do the same, falling asleep happily with her by my side.