Sanvers + Kara | Family

Alex's P.O.V.

"I love you," I whisper softly to Maggie, leaning over to kiss her gently. She grins at me, revealing her adorable dimples.

"I love you, too," She whispers back, pressing her forehead to mine.

"You know I can still hear you right? I have super hearing," Kara calls out from across the room, in the kitchen, and we giggle. I kiss Maggie one more time before Kara walks towards us with a bowl of salad, rolling her eyes. She sets the food down on the table in front of us and sits down, facing us from across the table.

"I love being the third wheel. It's so fun. This isn't sarcasm. No, definitely not," she says jokingly, laughing softly. I laugh and playfully throw a cherry tomato at her. Kara raises her hands in surrender. We all laugh and start passing out the food onto our plates. I notice that Maggie is oddly quiet as Kara and I laugh and joke around throughout dinner. I rest my hand on her thigh, trying to make her feel comfortable and she turns towards me, smiling weakly. Soon, we start to clear away the plates from the table and I go to help Kara wash the dishes but she shoos me away.

"Go hang out with your girlfriend, she seems kind of upset," she whispers the last part of the sentence and glances worriedly towards the living room where Maggie is sitting on the couch. I nod and go to sit by her.

I sit down next to Maggie carefully and take her hand in mine, rubbing the back of it with my thumb. She keeps her head down, avoiding looking me in the eyes.

"Mags, what's wrong?" I ask and she shakes her head, trying to tell me nothing is wrong. I scoot closer to her and gently place my hand under her chin, raising her head and forcing her to look at me. My heart breaks as I see the tears running down her cheeks.

"Babe," I whisper, pulling her in for a hug. She shyly hugs me back, seemingly on edge. I pull away from her slowly, studying her face calculatingly.

"Please tell me what's wrong," I beg and she sighs, moving her head back down so she's staring at her lap.

"I just, um, I was having so much fun with you and Kara and then I started thinking about how you're all that I have ever wanted. And it just that, if I lose you, I lose everything. The closest thing I have to family, my friends, and the love of my life," Maggie explains, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Oh, Maggie. You'll never lose me. I promise you that," I wrap an arm around her and she leans into my body.

"Yeah, you're part of the family now, don't ever think you're not. You're stuck with us for the rest of your life," Kara says, standing near Maggie, her hand lightly resting on her shoulder. She looks up at Kara and smiles.

"I guess I have a new family, then," She says grinning.

"And we're not going anywhere."