Supercorp | Kitten

Lena's P.O.V.

A small meow comes from across the room as Kata enters my office, startling me out of my paperwork. I look up and immediately know where the sound is coming from. "Tell me you didn't," I smile playfully, setting down the pen I was writing with.

Kara hurries over to me, grinning like a five-year-old on Christmas Day. To my surprise—and slight annoyance—she sets a furry lump down on my desk. "I found her at the DEO and I couldn't just leave the poor thing," Kara explains in a rush, looking down at the kitten with admiration. "Can we keep her?"

I examine the cat warily, taking a moment to answer. I don't blame Kara for falling in love with the kitten, she is quite cute. Pure black except for blue eyes that rival Kara's, she's definitely not ugly. "Fine," I concede and Kara breaks out into an even bigger grin.

"What should we name her?" Kara asks eagerly. I think for a second before shrugging helplessly.

"Whatever you want," I say indecisively, studying the cat that is still unfortunately on my desk. As much as I like the little thing, I really don't want it peeing all over my papers.

"What about Lucky?" Kara giggles at my expression, shrugging a little. "You said I could name her whatever I wanted."

"Fine but it's a little ironic," I agree, rolling my eyes at the thought of our black cat being named Lucky. It's so cliché.

"Thank you!" Kara practically squeals, finally picking the fuzzball up off my desk.

"You're very welcome. Now, I need to get back to work," I gesture at all my papers, picking up my pen again. Kara leans down and over my desk to kiss me quickly before she leaves.

"I'll go get supplies to take care of Lucky!" She volunteers, hurrying to the door.

"Don't go crazy!" I warn and then she's off.