Chapter 2

I woke up to feeling something wet on my face. I slowly opened my eyes to see I was drenched in some water. I sprung up to find a pair of eyes staring at me.

"Who are you? Why am I wet?" I asked wiping my face. The nameless man just continued to stare at me as I continued to panic.

"Here, you need to change your clothes. When you get done, I'll be right outside this door here waiting. Drennon wants you in the other room when you done and don't keep him waiting."

He threw me the bag of clothes and slammed the door. I didn't really get a good look at him but from what I saw, his hair was up in like a braided fade, with a pierced nose, and his skin was a light silky tone with a neat goatee that complimented his face.

I quickly dug into the bag and pulled out a pair of jeans and a all black sweatshirt. I wrapped my dirty clothes up and put them in the bag. A knock on the door had startled me then in came the nameless man who gave me the bag.

"Let's go. Drennon wants you now." He said as his voice boomed through the room. I hesitantly walked ahead of him while he was remand behind me. After about a ten minute walk, we stopped in front of a elevator. It surprised me cause I never been in a house that had a elevator in it.

It lead us down to this underground chamber that was filled with piles and piles of white stuff. The smell hit me like a wave. I looked around to see different women packaging little ziplock bags with the white stuff in it. Then it clicked.

Cocaine.

"Hey Bakari." One of the women said as she walked over to us. She rubbed her palm over his cheek then looked at me.

"Hi. My name's Tommie, my real name is Tamiko but everyone calls me Tommie. What's a girl like you doing down here."

"Um a dude named I think Drennon wanted me here." I said trembling.

She shook her head as if she was in disgust. "I hope he's not trying to make you work down here. Just by the way you look, I can tell you ain't cut out for this line of work. No offense." She said throwing her hands in the air.

None taken.

"Shit." I turned around to see one of the women dropped some of the substance on the floor. The other women around her looked at her with shocked faces.

"Tommie stay here with her while I get this cleaned up. Don't tell Drennon, you know he'll get pissed if he knew product was wasted."

"You know I gotchu baby." She gave him a peck on the cheek before he went off.

"You said your name was Tommie?" I asked anxiously.

"Girl loosen up a bit. I'm not gonna bite, but yes my name is Tommie. I guess your wondering what that was with Bakari."

"I was gonna ask but I didn't want to get in your business." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Well as you can see, this is a cocaine factory and Drennon is the boss while Bakari and Lee are his right hand men." She said as she walked me over to a small area to sit down at.

"Lee?" I asked curiously.

"You haven't met Lee? Well eventually you will. She's a sweetheart when she wants to be."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Lee is a she? How come she isn't down here with the rest of y'all."

"I told you Lee is Drennon's other right hand man and he wants her with him to handle the grown man business, not this play play stuff."

I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly as she continued to explain. I stopped her midway to ask her about Bakari.

"You never did say what's between you and Bakari. Are you two together?"

"Me and Bakari are like friends with benefits. You know we hit each other up when we want to fuck." I could tell she was a little down when she said that because the tone in her voice was a little off. Like she wanted more than that.

Things got quite for a minute until I heard someone yelling from behind me. I looked over to see a bunch of dogs attacking a curled up man in a fetal position. Then the doors burst open to reveal Drennon with a machete in his hand.

"What's going on?" I asked looking from Tommie to the helpless man.

"Drennon is about to fuck him up."

"Please Drennon, just give me a little more time. I'll come up with the money. Come on man, I gave you half." The man pleaded

"You think I give a fuck about that. When I say I want my shit on time, I don't mean in pieces bitch. Sense you left me only half of something, I'm finna leave you with half of something."

Another man came up and forced the scared man head down on a table. My eyes grew big at the sight of what was about to happen.

"This may hurt a little." That's when Drennon had came down with the machete and chopped one of the man's ear off.

I tried as hard as I could to cover my ears from the man's screaming but that didn't help. Every breath he took, it was followed by a scream.

"There's nothing nobody can do?" I asked looking at Tommie.

She just shook her head as defeat took over. I felt like that wasn't enough for me. The man needed help and his screaming wasn't helping anyone.

"I'm going down there to help him." Before I could take anymore steps, Tommie grabbed me by my arm and pulled me back.

"Going down there is suicide, you crazy? You might wanna stay your ass up here and just calm down." I shook her off me and proceeded to the man.

"Help me please." The man cried out.

"Okay okay, I'm gonna help you just hang on." I tried to apply pressure to his ear but blood came squirting out all over me. I still tried to help but blood keep squirting out everywhere.

I noticed there was a shadow hovering over me. Fear instantly took over me because I already knew who it was standing over me.

I turned around to see Drennon looking down at me with the bloody machete still in his hand. In that moment, I knew I should've listened to Tommie but I just wanted to help the wounded man.

"What the fuck you doing? Who the fuck told you to come down here and help him?" The scowl on his face made my body shiver.

"I-I-..." I tried to get the words out but I was to scared of what he would do next.

He drug me up by my shirt and threw my back against a wall. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't have to look at his face. The only thing I could feel was his breath breathing on my skin.

"Open your eyes." He demanded. I still had them closed.

"OPEN YOUR EYES NOW." I forced my eyes open to see his dark brown eyes looking back at me.

"The next time you do some shit like that, it'll be your fucking ear I cut off next. You understand?" He said in a low tone.

I quickly shook my head as tears began to swell in my eyes. I fell to the ground as my legs felt like jelly.

"Bakari, bring her up to the room." I heard him say as I was being helped up off the ground. I looked at a hand that had a Maori tattoo gently lift me off the ground.

"Come on, I'll let Tommie clean you up before you go up to Drennon." He carefully helped me on the elevator that we took down here back up to the main hallway.