Chapter 41

LATER THAT NIGHT

Flipping through different channels, I stayed downstairs in the living room watching some tv. It wasn't nothing on that I wanted to see until I came across this show called Power. Never heard of it except for tonight. So far, it was a interesting show, just too much sex scenes in it.

Drennon was upstairs taking a shower. He went straight to it after Lee and Tommie had left. I wonder how's Bakari doing. I haven't seen or heard from him since he apologized to me. He must be doing alright, if he was in kind of distress, it would be something said.

After Power went off, I turned the tv off and went up to my room. As I walked by Drennon's room, his door was wide open. I didn't think that much of it. He probably forgot to shut it. I kept walking almost to my room until I heard something like glass shattering.

I double backed to Drennon's room leaning my head in cautiously. I was about to step in when Drennon stopped me.

"Hold up, it's glass right there, let me get it up first." He dug inside the dirty clothes hamper and took out a raggedy towel to get up the broken pieces. When he cleaned it up, he threw the it in the trash. "That vase had fell down from the dresser."

He had on a pair of all black satin pajamas to match his wave cap. He spritzed some cologne on before grabbing a shirt and trying to put it on. From what I was seeing, he was having a bit of trouble getting it on.

"Do you need some help?" I asked coming in some more.

"It's my neck again, it's been stiff for a while."

"It's probably the way you sleep. I know a few tricks to get that stiffness out of your neck but it requires me to massage you." He looked over me apprehensively.

I know he would be a bit unsure about me doing it, I was too. I've never really touched Drennon like that except for when I patched up a bullet wound on him.

"I don't know, what you mean 'tricks'?"

"Just a simply neck massage, nothing too serious. It relaxes the muscles and relieves tension." I informed him.

"I don't really like nobody behind me like that. I can't see what you doing."

I let out a groan. "Drennon, I'm not going to do anything harmful to you. I just want to help." I'd have better luck trying to get a baby to eat some vegetables.

"Aight. You can massage me but only my neck." He said strictly. I threw my hands up defensively.

He sat down on the bed readying himself. I thought he was going to pull up a chair and sit in it not the bed. That would put me in the position where I would have to be on the bed too.

"In order for you to massage my neck, you have to come over here. Yours hands ain't that long."

"Oh, I was just waiting for you to get comfortable." I lied nervously. Getting onto the bed, I positioned myself directly behind his back. I had to get on my knees to reach his neck.

When I first put my hands on Drennon, he was rigid but after a few minutes, he let go of that strain and relaxed.
Slowly and softly I started caressing his neck moving my hands in little circles.