Chapter 60

OMNISCIENT VIEW

Getting together his thoughts, Drennon dragged the newly rolled blunt from his mouth exhaling the clouds of smoke letting the aroma surround his nose. Not too long along ago, he received a phone call that would put an end to all this mayhem that has been taking place.

A distressed Bakari called informing him that a money transaction would have to be taken place in order to free him and Riley. $500,000 is what Katrina is asking for. That amount of money is nothing to Drennon at all, that's basically chump change but money is not the issue.

Drennon knows that it's all about power when it comes to Katrina. In the little time that he was around her, he read her just like a good book. She's the type of person that will and can never be satisfied. No matter how she gets her way, she will just keep straddling the fence. Even when Drennon does give her the money, chances are high that Riley could possibly not walk out alive.

Which is something that Drennon was not about to let happen. He's come to far with Riley to have it all snatched away by somebody who doesn't have a solid reason to take her through this.

"So what's the plan Drennon?" Lee asked taking a swig of cranberry juice. Drennon had filled her in on the phone call as soon as it ended.

"I already got the money, that ain't no issue. I know Katrina ain't just going to take the money and let both of them walk." He replied. "She's either going to end up shooting B or Riley."

"Knowing how close Riley is to you, that's probably who she'll aim for. I mean Bakari is close to you too but she know Riley will get to you." Lee stated.

"That's what I know. Even if she doesn't aim for Riley, her gunning for B would fuck me up too. You and him my family, I ain't got nobody else. Veno snake ass, I thought he was family too. Katrina did me a favor taking him out, if she hadn't of, I was going to do it anyway." Drennon smirked.

He didn't want to sound harsh about it but Veno bought it on himself. A line was crossed and unfortunately, he had to pay the price. All that good stuff that he talked about with Drennon made him question was Veno even down with him?

Couldn't have been if you lured a girl who you claimed you had feelings for to her own death. Mia was somebody who Drennon has not forgotten about. It would upset him that she had to die because of Veno's selfish acts. For what? Money. The only good thing about it was that Mia had gotten her justice.

"Really ain't no need for a plan." Drennon said taking another puff from his blunt. "Got the location from that Axel nigga. All I got to do is-."

"All you got to do?" Lee questioned cutting him off. "What makes you think I'm not going?"

"Cause you not." Drennon strictly said laughing.

Lee looked all around the room, behind the sofa, and next to her trying to figure out who exactly Drennon was talking to. To just come plain right out and say she wasn't going was appalling even to her.

"Um, I don't know who you got me mixed up with but me, Lee, is going. You crazy as hell if you think I'm about to just let you do this by yourself."

"Lee, I feel like this is just something I need to do by myself."

"Listen nigga, there's only two things you can do by yourself and that's go to the bathroom and whatever you do with Riley. But this, you ain't doing by yourself, I don't give a fuck what you say."