Chapter 25

I heard a loud clicking noise waking me up out my sleep. I opened my eyes slightly looking down at my feet to see Drennon clamping that ankle monitor back on me.

"Back to the old routine. Get up and get to cleaning."

I must be still dreaming cause I know that didn't just happen. He's got some nerve to waltz in here and demand me to do that. I haven't cleaned this house in almost two days and I know it's going to be back-breaking work.

The way Lee eats and falls asleep leaving empty pizza boxes around, I know I'll find about five boxes laying around. Then Drennon acts like he can't do his own laundry.

I don't understand how Drennon, Lee, and Bakari do not live in the same house but manages to still come over here and dirty it up.

I rolled back over in the bed pulling the covers over my head. This morning was not the morning for any complications. I just wanted to lay in bed and shut out everything and everybody.

"I said get up."

I looked over my shoulder to him and laid my head back on my pillow. If he wants the house cleaned so bad, he'll do it himself.

"So you wanna act like you don't hear nobody. Okay, I'm only going to say it one more time. Get the fuck up."

I didn't move a muscle. I remained in my sleeping position while I heard him leaving closing the door.

I know he didn't just give up that easy?

All of a sudden, the covers were being off me and I was spun around on my back. My leg was being pulled causing my body to slid to end of the bed.

Soon as I lifted myself up, I was pushed back down by a muscular force: Drennon. He put both his hands on the side of my head and half his lower weight on me.

"I don't take too kind to people making me repeat myself when they know they heard me the first time. I don't know what your problem is this morning but you better leave it here in this room or you'll be having a ruff day today."

His jaw slightly clenched as he bored his eyes into mine making me a little nervous. "I see you get the picture now. By the time I come back in here, you better be up and dressed. Do you understand?"

I nodded silently.

"Speak." He commanded leaning in closer to me.

"Y-yes." I stuttered.

He moved from over me giving me the space to sit up freely. "Good." He examined the room until his gaze landed back on me. "Real good."

He then left the room leaving the door open. I instantly got up and closed it back. I hate how he can easily intimidate me and I just cower like a little child.

I looked over in the chair beside the window noticing the cleaning stuff. I really thought those days were over with. Since I was basically taking care of Drennon when he was hurt, cleaning the house was the last thing on my mind. I put more time seeing about his well-being than the house well-being.

Not wanting Drennon to storm in here again, I groggily went into the bathroom to do my morning routine. I turned the shower on hot like I usually do stepped in.

After thirty minutes later, I was out of the shower putting on some clothes. Seeing that I was going to be working all day, I wanted to dress comfortably so I put on some grey capri leggings and a plain white shirt with my rainbow footies. I put my braids up in a high ponytail and grabbed the cleaning stuff from the chair and headed downstairs.