Chapter 50

OMNISCIENT VIEW CONTINUED

There was so much tension in the air, you could cut it with a knife. The disloyalty of Veno came creeping up on Drennon, something he never would've expected. As comfortable and reliable Veno was around everyone, who would've suspected something.

Having someone who you considered family deceive you is plain unforgivable. Once that trust is gone, it's nothing you can say or do to gain it back. Staring Drennon in his eyes, Veno knew there was no turning back.

And Mia. If it hadn't been for him, she'd still be alive but the plan had backfired on Veno. No one was supposed to get shot let alone killed. All he was to do was phone in when they were leaving the house to go to Bakari's place. That's why he told Mia to go to his place so they wouldn't be there when Katrina showed up.

Now her blood was on his hands. All that good things he had planned with her was out the window.

"Any last words you want to say before I pull this trigger?"

"I got a few, you disloyal, fool ass, bitch made punk." Lee said reciting a line from Training Day. "I know it's not the right time but I figured I might as well get one last joke out."

Veno rolled his eyes. "You ain't got nothing to say Drennon? What's going on up there in that head of yours?"

"You don't wanna know. You got us all in this shit, you was playing me right in my face." Drennon said through clenched teeth. "I know now you ain't really fuck with us like that, including Mia."

"Remember I'm the one with gun, watch how you speak." Veno warned gripping the gun tighter.

"Oh so now you want to care. Where the fuck was all this when she was there for you. You put yourself before her bitch."

"Nigga don't give me that. You put yourself before her when she lost that baby. Where the fuck was you when she was hurting? Take a look in the mirror before you judge and start talking shit bitch." Veno fired back. There was no way he was going to let Drennon start preaching to him about anything.

"And I admitted I was wrong for doing that to her but that doesn't compare to what you did. You basically killed her, you handed her right over to this old hoe over here."

Drennon couldn't believe how Veno was trying to turn this around on him. Bringing up his wrong wasn't going to make the situation any better. Going back and forth of who did what to who was not going to bring Mia back.

"I can't believe this shit. You foul in so many ways, you never supposed to cross people who look out for you. How would you feel if this was you sitting in this chair and I was
pointing that gun in your face?"

"You can't be serious?" Veno chuckled heartily. "I wouldn't have time to feel nothing, I know you'd pull the trigger."

"Bingo fuckboy." Lee blurted out as Veno side-eyed her.

"This knew Drennon ain't nothing but a facade. I know the ruthless Drennon still lurking somewhere around in there." Veno said trying to provoke Drennon. "Riley ain't put it on you that good."

"Hell nawl Drennon, you got to take his ass out now. He too out of pocket." Lee exclaimed.

"Is that what is Drennon? That punani got you going crazy huh. I knew it was more to it than you just up and wanting to quit the drug game, Riley whipped it on you."