Chapter 61

OMNISCIENT VIEW CONTINUED

Filling up the duffle-bag, Drennon emptied out the right amount of cash that Katrina said for him to bring in trade for Riley and Bakari. The day had finally come where all this madness would be put to rest and all the backtracking could stop.

It had been a lengthy time since Drennon last saw Riley. He wondered how he would react when he saw her. The first thing Riley would do he know of is smile. That smile that made him feel like he meant something and was somebody. Or would it be that cute little voice that made his heart skip a beat.

Thinking about her just made him giddy and nervous like a person having to present something in front of a bunch of strangers. His stomach churned, not like the throw up feeling he had earlier but the churning feeling as if butterflies were having a good old time in his stomach.

A smile had grew on his face without him even trying. The last time Drennon felt this way was when he gave Riley his mother's necklace. So whenever she looks at it, not only will she think of his mother but him as well.

Though the situation is bad, seeing Riley again and knowing she's safe would bring down some of the worries that are taunting him.

"I just bought around the Escalade, you finished with the money?" Lee asked interrupting Drennon from his thoughts. She adjusted the black skullcap that was on her head.

Drennon zipped up the duffle-bag and slung it around on his shoulder. "Yeah. It's all right here. You strapped?" He asked taking out his .357 Magnum and loading it.

"Yeah I'm strapped but which one?" Lee burst out laughing as she clapped her hands together. Unable to control his laugh, Drennon did the same thing.

"At this point, I'm not even surprised you'd say some shit like that." Drennon said still laughing. Even at a time like this, Lee could manage to squeeze a good laugh in.

"You know me, gots to keep it on me. But seriously, I do keep it on me." She said pulling her pistol out from behind her. She looked at it in admiration as she looked back to Drennon.

"This shit really about to go down. I don't know why I'm surprised like I didn't know it would happen, it's just surreal right now." Lee told Drennon.

"I get where you coming from. I'm just ready to put this shit behind me so I can start over fresh with a clean slate. Well not clean but you know." He smirked.

Clean as in wiping away any leftover demons that used to be within him. Taking Lee's advice into consideration, Drennon was finally letting go the things of his past. Wanting to move on with Riley meant doing just that.

How can you want to elevate your life if you keep worrying about stuff hindering you? You'll never get the life you deserve if keep thinking like that. Most of the time it's just an over-exaggeration anyway.

"Over the phone, she said meet at twelve. It's ten fifty-nine now." Drennon looked at the time on his phone. "The location is kinda far so let's ride out now. I don't want to give her any ideas on us being late." Drennon said slamming up the trunk.

Lee agreed and made her way over to the passenger side of the car.

"Aye Dre." Lee said stopping him in his tracks. "I may not say this a lot but I love you man. I just want you to know that incase ya' know something happens."