Chapter 56

I've been so busy with school that it has took up most of my time but on my free days, I'm going to try and do updates. Because I've been gone for a minute, I decided to do a double update tonight. I wanted to do triple but didn't have the time. I hope you enjoy and thank you for being patient with me.

Marie 💙

OMNISCIENT VIEW CONTINUED

The smell of freshly baked blueberry muffins and cinnamon bombarded the noses of Drennon and Lee as they entered the small cafe that was just a few blocks down from the safe house.

Knowing that Veno is still out there somewhere lurking, can't just have meet-ups casually like that anymore, with every move that is being made could be him watching. Not to mention that bat crazy Katrina escaping and on the prowl.

With a target on his back, every move that Drennon makes now has to count. Meaning no slip ups or mistakes. There are things far bigger than him riding on this, like Riley.

The talk that him and Lee had previously did have a little break through with him but not entirely. Drennon understood completely what Lee was trying to get him to see, the bigger picture. The bigger picture of endless possibilities, a new life, new adventures.

Those images were indeed something to look forward too but could it be accomplished? Second thoughts clouded Drennon's head like smoke. He was never the one to second guess himself on anything but that was when it was just him who he had to look out for.

Does Drennon want to leave Riley? Of course not. It would be too late anyway. After all that hard work to break down those walls and get him to open up would've been for nothing.

And trying to get rid of the old Drennon. That's the thing right there though. Things of the past that involved old Drennon is what is holding back new Drennon to blossom.

A person who is trying to do right will go through the most just because they have something to lose. It can be so easy for Drennon to up and leave Riley without looking back but that wouldn't be right.

She had one person who she thought cared abandon her, he's not about to let her think he was just like that.

"Where is Tommie? I thought she would've had her ass in here before us." Lee mumbled to herself as she and Drennon took a seat inside a booth table. A waitress came up to take their orders.

"Hello, what can I get you two today?" The waitress asked with a smile. She took out a notepad and pen to write the orders down on.

Not so much interested in eating, Drennon didn't bother to look over the menu. He wanted Tommie to hurry and show up so he could get to the bottom of why he had to be here.

"We good, we just waiting on a friend." Drennon told the waitress. She looked over him with a sly grin licking her bottom lip a little.

"You don't look like you're from around here."

"Aye um can I get a omelette sandwich." Lee said breaking the conversation the waitress was trying to have with Drennon.

"You sure you don't want anything handsome, it's on the house." She bargained.

"Well shit since it's on the house, bring me a couple of those cappuccinos y'all got back there, some iced coffee, tea. All that shit." Lee waved her hand around in excitement as she tossed the menu to the side. If you're going to get something for free, might as well take advantage of it.