Chapter 23

Drennon parked right across from Steele's house. I was thinking we was going to one of his dope spots. I noticed that some lights were on upstairs. I guess that's where him and Genesis are.

I looked over in the passenger seat seeing Bakari loading his gun. He had this kind of eerie look in his eyes, one that I've never seen before. It kind of scared me.

Usually Bakari is the casual one and Drennon is the unpredictable one. I'm not saying Drennon isn't unpredictable cause he is but not tonight though. It was like the both of them had something they wanted accomplished and it's right inside that house.

"Lee you already know your job right?" Drennon asked.

"Lookout." She replied.

Drennon nodded to her in the rear view mirror
then looked from her to me. Both our eyes locked for a brief moment and then he looked away.

"Let's go B."

I watched both Bakari and Drennon exit the car. Bakari stood in front of the car while Drennon came opened my side of the door.

"Get out." He said nonchalantly.

"What?" I asked stunned. I hope he's not about to do what I think he's going to do cause if it is, he has officially lost his mind.

"You coming in so wipe that dumb look off your face and get out the car."

I knew Drennon said I was going to be in on this with him but I though he was joking. Am I really going to have to kill somebody?

"Genesis just text me saying that she's spending the night with her sister so she'll see me tomorrow." Bakari said shaking his head. "That bitch just don't know she about to see me now."

"Riley let's go now." I trembled as I reluctantly got out the car. Drennon grabbed me by my arm holding me firmly.

"Aight Lee, don't be doing no funny shit out here." He said tapping on the window.

"I'll be glad when you get some ass cause damn nigga you been acting like you clogged up or something."

"You heard what I said." Lee rolled up the window giving Drennon the bird.

He walked me around to where Bakari was but when we got to the front of the car, he wasn't there.

"Where the fuck he went to?" Drennon asked looking around. Suddenly, there were shots being fired from Steele's house.

Drennon let go off my arm and dashed off inside. I don't know what came over me but I went in right behind him. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my body.

I could see where the shots were coming from because of the bullet holes in the wall. They lead straight to the bedroom.

As I was coming up the last few stairs, I saw Drennon standing on the outside of the door. He pressed a finger up against his lips signaling me to be quiet.

I couldn't make out what was being said but I did hear something about Bakari and a body. Oh no, Bakari can't be dead?

"That muthafucka thought he was slick trying to come off in my house and kill me. Just a too quick for his ass."

"I'm glad he's dead baby. Now me and you can take Drennon ass out the picture and rule these streets. That Riley bitch too. I got sick and tired off seeing her face when I was around Bakari."

She got some nerve. Like I enjoyed her presence whenever she came around me. The feeling mutual baby.

"Yeah that bitch got to go too. Ain't nobody especially a female gonna play me. I'm a feed her to the alligators in the backyard."

My eyes widened at the thought of that. That's just some sinister stuff right there. Here I am thinking Drennon is crazy in the head.

Me and Drennon could hear both of their voices getting closer. I was still at the top of the stairs to where I could be seen.

I looked to Drennon as to what to do. He still told me to be quiet holding his gun up ready to shoot.

In an instant, Drennon started firing off rounds of bullets. I managed to find some cover behind a wall. That wall lead to a spot that allowed me to see Bakari.

He was laid out on the floor seeming to be unresponsive. I could feel my eyes getting watery. All what could be heard was bullets flying everywhere. Some even went passed my ears.

Drennon was reloading when Steele charged him causing to knock the gun out his hand. The two tussled on the ground. At first, Drennon was all over Steele punching him until Steele overpowered him.

I knew Drennon was in trouble and needed help. The gun was right there in my grasp. I looked from the gun to Drennon and Steele. This was something I had to do.

Acting fast, I grabbed the gun cocking it. Soon as I cocked it, Steele got off of Drennon and to his feet. Drennon rolled over on his belly trying to get up.

"Look who we have here, the girl who set me up. I thought I would never see you again. You and boyfriend thought y'all killed me huh, sadly mistaken."

He was slowly walking up to me while I still had the gun pointed to him. "Stop where you are or I'll shoot you."

"You a lil feisty thing. I like that. Maybe I won't feed to the alligators after all."

"Take another step and I'll shoot you." I had my my finger right on the trigger like Drennon taught me. All that other stuff I couldn't remember. Just remembered this part on shooting.

"I don't think that's going to happen, drop the gun bitch."

I felt something cold press against the back of my head. Steele walked over and snatched the gun away from me pointing it at Drennon.

"Good work baby." Genesis came from behind still pointing the gun at me. Her grinning face made my blood boil. I should've just pulled the trigger when I had the chance.

"How you wanna kill them Genesis baby?"

Genesis put a finger on her chin looking at me. "Execution style."

Steele turned to Drennon laughing slapping his face. "Excellent choice."

Genesis made me get down on my knees in front of Drennon placing both my hands over my head. A stray tear rolled down my face. Drennon looked at me defeated. It was nothing me or him could do.

I closed my eyes as I heard Genesis cocked her gun.

"Lights out bitch."

Two shots went off but I wasn't penetrated by them. I checked my body to see if I was hit. I looked in the behind me to see two bullets holes in Genesis head. Blood poured out from her like water.

I got up to see Bakari standing over her dead body. He shot one more round in her before walking over to Steele placing the gun to the back off his head.

"You aight Dre?"

Drennon got up from off the ground looking at Steele with so much anger. Bakari handed him the gun and came over to me.

He helped me onto my feet and wrapped his coat around me. I wanted to thank him but I couldn't utter any words.

"You done well young nigga. I see I taught you well." Steele ranted. Drennon clenched his jaws right before spitting on him.

"This time, you ain't coming back."

Five shots were fired off into Steele's head. His limp body collapsed forward to Drennon's feet. Drennon stared at it inexpressively.

"Let's get the fuck out of here."

Me and Bakari trailed right behind Drennon leaving the massacre. Bakari cradled me making sure I was safe. When we got in the car, Drennon ordered Lee to drive.

Bakari still was holding me as we both sat in the backseat. I didn't mind it though because I was shook up a little bit. I guess he could feel it in my body language.

Drennon on the other hand was just silent. I know this isn't his first rodeo with shootouts so what's different about this one?