Chapter 66

I was laying up in my hospital bed cuddling my little bundle of joy, Quincy. I admired him in awe. I can't believe I pushed this out of me, it was a tiring process but looking into his eyes, everything was worth it.

I never thought I could love something so much. He's changing me for the better. I vow to always be there for him regardless of what I'm doing. I'm going to be a better mother than Katrina ever was to me. This is where I start over, for me and my baby.

I heard a knock on the door as it came open. Coming in with wide smiles were Bakari, Lee and Tommie. They crowded around me all taking a look at Quincy who was knocked out from all the fussing he did earlier.

"Look at this lil nigga." Lee smiled. "I'm telling you right now, dude going to be a heartbreaker. Shit crazy how he look just like Dre. Tommie said he did but damn. It's like looking in a mirror."

"With his chubby cheeks." Tommie butted in. Come to think off it, Drennon had some chubby cheek when he was a baby. This baby 99 percent Drennon, one percent me.

"Sorry I was late getting here, my car was acting funny." Bakari explained.

"That doesn't matter, you're here now and didn't miss anything." I told him. He was still gazing at Quincy in amazement.

"Can I hold him?" He asked.

"Of course, just make sure you watch his head." I handed him over Quincy making sure his head was positioned correctly.

Over by the window, sat a couch that he sat down with Quincy in. Lee and Tommie followed him as they all still gawked in glee.

I could hear them talking that baby talk. I never understood why people do that to babies. Either way, they still don't know that you saying but I stayed quiet letting them enjoy the moment.

"He smiled at me." Bakari said looking at me. I nodded my head laughing. It was cute how they all was smitten over Quincy. If Drennon was here, he probably would've let none of them get time with him.

"You tripping B, he clearly was smiling at me." Lee chimed in.

"Both y'all tripping if you think he smiled at you when I'm the one who is sitting here. Tommie countered.

I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my face. It was overwhelming to think how far I've come. I never thought I'd be in this position and I mean that I'm a good way.

I reminisce about how things were in the beginning. Funny how life throws a curveball at you, just when you thought you've got everything figured out. I know I thought I did.

I thought when my father died, my life was over. I didn't want to live anymore, he was all I had. My faith started to fade away cause I was left here alone, so I thought.

Just when you've given up, God comes in and reminds you why not to. I think Drennon was his way of sending me somebody who knew my struggle. I never saw it coming though.

I mean when I first met Drennon, he was so mean, stubborn, and hard to get along with. I couldn't stand that boy but just like Drennon was my God sent, I probably was his too.

"Riley why you crying?" Tommie asked coming over to me.

I wiped the tear that rolled down my cheek. "Nothing, I'm just happy. Like I can finally breath you get what I'm saying? It's rejuvenating."

"I get to start over the right way, we all do. For the first time in a long time, I'm not crying because I'm sad, I'm happy. Next to that little boy over there, it's the best feeling."