Chapter 38

OMNISCIENT VIEW

While Riley and Mia talked things over, Drennon and Veno were about to have a little discussion themselves. Seeing Mia after how many years brought up buried memories that Drennon thought he left behind him.

When Mia left, it was like the other half of Drennon left too. He couldn't blame her though, the way he acted towards her was wrong. Mia wanted him to show compassion and care. Instead, Drennon would give her the cold shoulder.

He wasn't trying to do her that way, that was just his way of grieving. That's the only way Drennon knew how to grieve. Growing up, if a man was to show any sign of emotion then he was considered weak. Only emotion that was acceptable was anger.

Anger was something Drennon wasn't feeling, more of disappointment. Disappointed because of how he pushed Mia away, how all he had to do was be there for her, emotionally and mentally. That's all what she was asking for. Having that type of support makes a bond stronger.

"Dre, we need to talk." Veno said finding Drennon inside the kitchen fixing himself a glass of water. "I had no idea that Mia was your ex. You never spoke about your past relationships."

"How long y'all been doing this little play relationship?"

"First of all, it's not a "play relationship" so chill out with that shit. Second of all, me and Mia been at it for like four months."

Drennon snickered a little bit. "Four months? And you say it ain't a play relationship. Four months, you still trying to get to know her."

"That don't matter. You could be with a person for years and it wouldn't compare to that feeling you have with a person you've known for months."

"Just because you and Mia didn't work out that way, doesn't mean that's going to happen with me."

"You don't know shit about me and Mia." Drennon spat.

"Listen to you, me and Mia, like y'all still together. You just bitter my nigga. I understand why, if my ex was with my patna', I'd be a little pissed."

"But Dre, you pissed at the wrong person. It's not my fault or Mia's that you two aren't together. It was your attitude that tore you two apart."

As much as Drennon hated it, he knew Veno was right. Mia did nothing but try to get him to open up about his feelings pertaining to the miscarriage. He was hurting just as much as she was.

Having a baby was Drennon's new start at life. To right the wrongs that he had done as a youth. To teach that child that it's okay to make mistakes, show defeat, be better than he was.

"I wanted to show her that I cared, that I was feeling her hurt but I couldn't. I felt weak if I did. I know it sounds stupid, I realize that now. I hurt her bad."

"Sometimes, she'll wake up early in the morning and be crying. I'll ask her what's wrong and she'd just lay in my arms and cry."

"She do?"

Veno nodded his head silently. He didn't show it but he was a little jealous. Looking at how Drennon is still concerned about Mia's well being, it's obvious that he still cares. It's all about how you say things and how you sound when you say them.