Chapter 7

I was dressed in a adult nerd costume that was a keyhole top with a halter neck and a pair of red tartan shorts attached with a belt and some suspenders.

I walked over to the mirror to examine myself. It made me feel uncomfortable knowing almost my whole body was exposed but this was the kind of attire I had to wear to pass as a escort.

Looking in the mirror, I noticed Bakari standing in the doorway. I quickly tried to cover up my body with my hands.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"I just walked in, Drennon wanted me to let you know it's almost time."

"I'll be ready in a minute."

He went to close the door before throwing something on the bed. "Use this to cover yourself up."

As he closed the door, I carefully examined what it was. I opened up a box that had a neatly folded long brown trench coat. I guess he noticed me trying to cover myself up and gave me this.

As I finished up, I put on the trench coat and securely tied it around my body. I walked over to the mirror one last time to prepare myself.

"Okay Riley, this is it. No time to turn back now, your freedom and life is on the line. Even though it's a risky thing, think about getting away from Drennon. You're not doing this for him, you're doing this for you."

I let out a long sigh as I walked away from the mirror and headed out the door. When I got outside to the car, Drennon, Bakari, and Lee were dressed in all black.

"Hey miss lady, how you feel?" Lee asked running her tongue across her bottom lip.

"A little uneasy, feels like my stomach is in my butt."

"No need to worry miss lady, as long as us three are around you, ain't shit gonna pop off." Lee said as she pointed at Drennon and Bakari.

"I told you Riley, I'm not gonna, I meant we are not going to let anything happen to you." Bakari said butting in.

Drennon looked over at him with a suspicious look on his face as if he wanted to say something but he just walked over to the passenger side of the car. "Lee, you sit in the back with Riley, Bakari you drive."

"I thought you was gonna drive?"

Drennon looked backed at him with a relaxed face. "Change of plans. Now enough of this talking shit, time to get this thing started." He said getting in the passenger side of the car.

I climbed in the backseat before Lee. I heard her make a whistling noise. "Shit miss lady, you gotta nice lil thing back there."

"Lee, what I told you about that. Cut that shit out." Drennon said sternly.

"Relax Drennon, I'm just playing. I figured a laugh could be used a this moment."

"Well I ain't in no laughing mood, so get serious."

I looked over at Lee who shook her head as she climbed in beside me and closed the door. When everyone was in, Bakari started up the car and proceeded out the garage.

We were coming up on a big constructed warehouse that had two guards standing outside of it. Bakari parked over in a alley where the car couldn't be seen and cut the engine off.

Bakari was beginning to put on some black gloves while Drennon turned around to me. "Aight Riley, it's time. This how you approach them guards over there."

"Just walk over there and say Steele sent you. They gonna ask you for a code number. The number is sixty-seven."

"Why sixty-seven?" I asked intrigued.