Chapter 48

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I know I have been gone for awhile that's because when I my mind isn't into doing a chapter, I don't force myself to write. I feel like forcing yourself to do a chapter throws off everything. It won't be how you know it should be. And I free write as well so every chapter that I've done has been based off what comes to my head first. I never plan out chapters, I just go with the flow of things. But that's why I've been missing. Hopefully I won't go missing that long again. Enjoy.

Marie 💙

I can't even make the word mother come out of my mouth. How could she be so cold to just do something like that? To shoot Mia like she was nothing. Just because she didn't pull the trigger, doesn't make her any less vile. Sad thing is, Veno has no idea what has happened.

Hearing how Mia would talk about him and how her face would lit up when his name was mentioned came to an abrupt end. She's never going to experience what life has ahead for her.

In our short time being friends, I kind of grew to her. I see why Drennon was hung up on her for awhile. She was kindhearted, funny, beautiful, witty. If I only tried harder to get Drennon to not leave, Mia probably would still be here.

I'm not sure if that would've made a difference though, as stubborn as he is. Once Drennon has his mind set on doing something, nothing can stop him. Which is why I always say he reacts before he thinks. I was trying to teach him not to move based of off hurt or worried emotions but I ran out of time.

Katrina popping back up in my life makes me wonder what are her intentions. I haven't seen her for decades and now she wants to come back around. I don't see what for. Everything that I was supposed to learn motherly-wise, I had to learn on my own. Yes my father was there but it doesn't compare to that mother-daughter bond.

It's some things in this world that a man cannot teach a young girl growing up, only a mother.

When I look back how my life was a few months ago, I'm in the same predicament I was in, kidnapped. It's kind of funny when you think about it cause I didn't see this coming. How does a person get kidnapped twice?

Only differences are I had someone else with me and this person wasn't Drennon. I know he's going crazy right now. I know he's aware by now that I'm not a Veno's place. I just want him to come through that door and rescue me.

What I'd give to be held in his arms again. To feel his warm soft skin. The way his nose crinkles when he sleeps. How he holds me securely when we're sleeping. How he feels comfortable with me. I even miss those golds in his mouth.

Small moments like those are priceless and I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to do them again.

I'm sitting in the corner of this room that Katrina ordered to put me in. It's nothing in here but blank walls. I think I've been in here for almost three hours. Every now and then, Lorenzo will peek in on me. For what I don't know, it's not like I can go anywhere or escape.

Katrina must be busy with something to be gone this long. Probably business with her big shot husband she ranted about.

"Hope you don't mind sweetface, I bought you a little company." Lorenzo sneered opening the door. I don't know what company he was talking about but I hope it wasn't Mia's dead body.

He went out for a second and came back in dragging Bakari right behind him. "Get yo' bitch hands off me fool." Bakari grumbled. He stood up cupping his hand where his finger was missing.