Chapter 2: Gosh darn wires

Still laughing from one of Jungkook's jokes, you failed to notice a wire on the floor. Your foot got caught in it and you tripped, heart stuttering in your chest as you fell dangerously close to the edge of the stage, a void of at least 2 meters behind you. In panic, your arms tried to grasp anything to stop your fall, but they only brushed through thin air. Waiting for the impact, you squeezed your eyes shut. Bracing yourself for the pain.

But the impact didn't come. Something was holding you tightly and keeping you from falling. Confused, you slowly opened your eyes, trying to understand how you were not currently laying in pain on the floor beneath you. Your eyes fluttered open only to see Jimin's face inches from yours. Your eyes widened as your heart hammered in your chest from the shock. Oh, sh***t. Threatening to lose your balance again due to the unexpected situation, your fingers grasped his shoulders tightly, scared of the eventual fall. His plumb lips held a teasing smile as he noticed your shocked expression. His strong arms held you tightly, saving you from a certain fall. You breathed in shakily, trying to calm your emotions and chaotic thoughts. Filled with an unfamiliar sensation, warmth flooded your entire blood system. Your gaze met his and the feeling intensified even more. His eyes twinkled mischievously as you stared at him, you were still not able to process what had happened. You were stiff, immobile like a statue yet, you could feel every part of your body that was touched by his. It was as if every cell of your body was hyper-aware of his proximity, making heat rise up to your cheeks. 

Slowly he pulled away, his hands slowly dropping from your upper back to your waist, his chest distancing himself from yours.  Making sure you were stable again, his eyes trailed down your figure worriedly, a lightly taunting smirk still persisting on his lips. "That was close," he chuckled and looked at you smiling. Your cheeks began to burn, you were beyond embarrassed that you'd been so clumsy, especially in front of so many people. Even if you were supposed to focus on what was happening around you, you couldn't shake the feeling of his body against yours. Now that he wasn't touching you anymore, it felt like something was missing.