Chapter 30: Let it out

The next morning your head was aching and you tiredly rubbed your eyes. Pictures of Jimin dancing with another girl ran through your mind. A sigh escaped your lips. Why did it hurt so much?

You stumbled out of your bed and made your way to the kitchen, trying to find some medicine to get rid of your pounding headache. In the kitchen, you found Hoseok who burst out in laughter as soon as he saw your face. He approached you with a big grin, looking at your heavy eyes and obvious bedhair. "Wow. And I thought I was hungover," he snickered, trudging away to the fridge. You shook your head softly and chuckled lightly. "Help me already, please," you begged and he gave you a glass of water with medicine, not without grinning dumbly though.

Your feet dragged you back to your bed, where you rolled yourself into a ball and thought about the last night. Chanyeol. A smile lingered on your lips. The good-looking man had had you wrapped around his finger. You had been about to kiss and had Jungkook not interfered you would probably have ended up on the news-cover of some magazine. 

Jimin. The smile died and your thoughts turned darker. As nice as Chanyeol had been, you knew that you wouldn't be able to feel emotions for him as strong as the ones for Jimin. You gulped. The only man you wanted, didn't want you. Your heart ached in your chest, and a tear rose in your eyes before it slowly dripped down your cheek. Why can't I stop thinking about him?

"If the emotions get too strong. Don't cage them inside of you. Write a song. Dance. Sing. Do something to let it all out."

You wiped the tears away and sat up in your bed. Slowly you moved yourself to the recording studio, confident that it would be empty. Everybody was either sleeping or completely hungover in their room. It was, in fact, empty and so you sat down in front of the keyboard and let your fingers play a melody. Yoongi had been right, it helped you. 

A lot. 

You weren't even thinking, your fingers danced on their own, finding a note after another. You hummed quietly to the melody, trying to find lyrics that would relieve your emotional stress. "I feel so Happy, happy that I'm free... And I can see things, Things I couldn't see.." you sang softly, smiling ironically at your own words because you knew they weren't true.

"But I can't fall in love without you- I can't fall in love without you..." your vision blurred at these words because you finally recognized your feelings. You finally knew what you were feeling. You finally understood. You finally accepted.

"I can't fall in love without you," you whispered while wiping your tears away. You hastily grabbed a piece of paper and started to write down the notes you had played, the lyrics you had sung.

But I can't fall in love without you....
I can't fall in love without you

Please don't fall in love without me

I hope you're sorry
Can't find the words to say
Hope you're always worried
Worryin' 'bout me....

Credits to Zara Larsson - I can't fall in love without you ; )

You played the song, over and over again, finding the right notes and words. You could feel your heart calming down in your chest as you sang, as you released all of your frustration, anger, sadness. You could finally let it all out. Let out your emotions, let out everything you hadn't acknowledged until now...

A soft knock on the door made you look up. You wiped the remainings of your tears away. "Yes?" you shouted. Yoongi opened the door just enough to step through it and closed it right behind him. Calmly, he sat down on a chair in front of you and looked you in the eyes with a baffled expression. "Damn," was the first word that left his lips. "When I told you to let your emotions out-" he waved through the air with his hands, "I didn't expect you to write an entire heartfelt song in one morning."

"It helped me though. A lot," you smiled softly. "Thanks for the advice."

Yoongi smiled smugly, "Duhh. Of course, it helped you. I wouldn't be Min Yoongi if my advice was crap." You rolled your eyes and laughed.

"But wait-" you stopped and looked at Yoongi nervously, "If you could hear it-" Yoongi chuckled. "Don't worry. I was the only one to hear it. From what I know at least." He smiled, "But it shouldn't stay that way. Put it on your album. It has great potential, I could tell." You shook your head, "He would immediately know."

"Even if. You should tell him anyway." His expression was serious, maybe a little worried even. "If you really feel like what you sang-" he stopped to analyze your facial expression, a poor smile on his lips, "Which I believe you do... You won't get over him so easily." 

You nodded slowly, your head hanging low. You knew he was right. 

He was about to leave you alone again but your words held him back. "Yoongi." He turned back to you, one of his brows arched in surprise. "Would you produce the song with me? I could use your help." He smiled softly at your request and nodded. "Monday. First hour. When I'm not hungover," he chuckled and you smiled with a nod.