*Chapter 12: The press always finds a way

Caught up in the moment, you parted abruptly when a girly scream resonated through the night, right next to you. Confused, you both looked at each other with wide eyes before turning towards the origin of the noise. A Phone had nearly been shoved in your face the second you had turned, making you jump back in fright and shock. People were staring at you, pointing at Jimin and whispering to each other, obviously recognizing you both. Your heart dropped in fear as you realized that you had been discovered, some were even filming the moment with their phones, adding to your anxious feelings that were already building up to a panic attack. Shoving the phones away, Jimin quickly grabbed your hand and pulled you with him, running from the problem that had just crashed your sweet moment. 

"Here!" he quickly gave you back your mask, which you directly put on, hiding your identity to the best of your ability. Jimin pulled a baseball cap out, covering up his face together with the mask, leaving only his eyes visible. It didn't seem like the first time that this was happening to him and your heart sank in your chest as you thought of the immense pressure and judgment he had to live through every single day. 

You sprinted through the streets, looking out for your the people following you every so often, leaving the enchanted park behind. Passing a corner, Jimin swiftly pulled you with him into the busier streets, making you melt into the crowd of people. Your wildly thumping heart calmed down a little when you saw that you had lost even the most persistent people, finally leaving you both alone again. Yet, you didn't feel out of danger and still marched fastly in the direction of your apartment, determined to get to safety before anything else could happen. The entire time of your escape, your hand hadn't left his, fingers intertwined tightly, scared to lose the other in the mass of people. You tried to be calm, but the truth was that you were completely panicking, scared of what people had caught on camera, worried about Jimin's career and reputation. 

"Jimin?" you asked softly, voice weak, brows furrowed in worry, "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." He squeezed your hand tightly, turning his face towards you when he gently stroke your cheek, trying to soothe you and your guilty feelings. "It's not your fault. You didn't know what I should've known by now. I should have been more cautious," he weakly said, taking the blame. The way his eyes looked worriedly at you crushed your heart, it was clearly visible that he was blaming himself above anyone else for the incident and it seemed to heavily weigh on his conscience. Just seconds ago you had floated on a cloud, finally acting on your feelings, happily embracing each other, but now tears started to build up in your eyes and you tried to blink them away, not wanting Jimin to feel even worse. Now was not the moment to cry. You had to get home. 

Reaching one of the busier roads, Jimin hailed a taxi and you drove off in the direction of your apartment, hands still not letting go of the other, finding comfort in each other. 

Finally, you reached the entrance of your building, with thankfully no press in front. Which meant that the press hadn't been informed. At least yet.

You entered the elevator when Jimin removed his mask and cap, revealing his usually pouty lips that were pressed together tightly in worry. Even though he tried his best to hide how affected he was by the events, you could still see his eyes glimmering softly, troubled emotions swirling through his warm brown orbs. 

You were at your breaking point yourself and yanked the mask off as tears of anger started to roll down your cheeks. "Is it always going to be like this?" you asked him weakly, your voice trembling because of your tears. He nodded slowly before pulling you in his arms, gently kissing the top of your head. His warmth enveloped you, soothing your anxious emotions, making you melt into his protective embrace. The elevator door ringed, having arrived at your floor, making you part slowly before you stepped out to enter the apartment. You breathed in and out to calm yourself before entering, but there was this feeling that just wouldn't leave you.