Chapter 22: Autumn Leaves

A few days later...

"He should be in Studio C5, acting class I believe," Namjoon instructed you, ushering you out the room with a wide smile. "Go, go," he chuckled as he saw your obvious excitement. 

"Thank youuuuu," you chirped happily and quickly took the elevator to the 3rd floor.

Happily, you clutched your phone against your chest, treating it like a treasure, a bright smile on your lips. The device had your and Jimin's finished song on it. And it was amazing.

You couldn't wait to show it to your duet partner. 

You tapped your foot impatiently while you waited and darted out of the elevator as soon as it stopped. You looked around, searching for the right studio, the smile on your lips widening every second that passed. You couldn't wait to see his expression when he'd hear the song for the first time. You were at the point of excitement where your smile was threatening to split your face in half. C5...C5... Ah here!

You stopped in front of the white door suddenly feeling nervous. Your heart was beating faster, drumming urgently in your chest.

Was it only because of your run or were deeper feelings involved in your unsteady heart beating?

You ran your hand through your soft hair, chuckling nervously as you bit on your lower lip. Oh, come on, Y/N!
You breathed in and out deeply, pep-talking yourself one last time before you opened the door with a wide smile.

However, your smile faltered as soon as you saw the scene in front of you.

A girl was straddling a boy on his chair. They were kissing. 

His back was facing you but you didn't need to see his face to recognize him in the matter of a heartbeat.

Chim Chim.

Jimin.

The boy you had fallen in love with.

Tears started to rise in your wide eyes as you choked on your breath, trying desperately to suppress a sob. The girl had noticed your presence but that didn't seem to stop her. She looked you straight in the eyes as her hand ran through his messy black hair, a victorious smile threatening to break the kiss she was sharing with the man you loved so helplessly.