Chapter 13: Nightmare come true

Eyes wide in horror, you looked at your phone screen. Messages hadn't stopped to come in, asking you for interviews and statements. Why all of this attention? The answer to that wasn't hard to find. 

You and Jimin. 

Kissing. 

On every magazine cover.

No blurriness what so ever, you were both easily recognizable, the dark illuminated by a bright flash.

Dating scandal: Park Jimin and BigHit trainee. Who's his new girl? BigHit trainee caught kissing BTS member. Only for the fame? How long will they last until the industry breaks them apart? How long until Jimin gets bored of her?  Witness claims they already live together! ...

Headlines over headlines, one more shocking than the next one. Your eyes grew wider and wider in terror with every new offensive title. Only for the fame?  Tears started to build up in your eyes as you gulped, a lump forming in your throat.

Money or Fame? Is she really interested in him? You couldn't hold back anymore and tears started to roll down your cheeks. Jimin dates a fan. Witnesses say she heavily flirted with V!             

Rejected by V, she now dates Jimin! Where did these things even come from? You sobbed uncontrollably now, chest heaving up and down as you breathed in heavily, the tears starting to blur your vision. Her cousin claims she's always been a gold digger. These lies got worse and worse, you didn't even have a cousin! How could someone lie about that? You couldn't believe what was happening, your worst nightmare had come true and it was all your fault. Your shoulders shook in a sob and you aggressively tried to wipe your tears away.

Strong arms suddenly started to shake you and enclose you in a tight hug. "Shhhhhh. Y/N. Calm down. I'm here. Everything is fine," a worried voice spoke to you, trying to bring you to your senses.

Everything blurred and you opened your eyes wide, only to find yourself in your bed, your cheeks wet from all the tears. Jimin was holding you tightly against his chest, softly stroking your hair to calm you down. His fresh and masculine scent enveloped you, making you instantly feel safer and protected, your heartbeat calming down progressively. "You're awake," he sighed in relief, his voice still sleepy, eyes hooded from slumber. "It was only a dream," you breathed out silently, fear finally letting go of your stiff body. Still shaken from your dream, you cuddled up against him, longing for his warmth and care, your body naturally nuzzling into his. "It's 2 am and you were screaming in your sleep, I sent the others away and told them I would take care of you," he whispered carefully against your hair, nose softly breathing in your scent. "It was horrible," you mumbled, your voice weak in exhaustion. "It's over now. You're awake and I am here with you, he reassured you, voice calm and soothing. "There were pictures of you and me. In every magazine. The headlines were-" you stopped and buried your head into his shirt, trying to forget about your nightmare. "Shhhh. Calm down," he kissed your forehead and pulled you closer to his chest. "Don't worry. Everything will turn out fine. This is not the first time something like that happened," he continued, trying to diffuse your nervousness while stroking your back tenderly. Gently he lifted your head up so you could look into his eyes. "And by the way, I am sure those pictures would be pretty cute," he added with a soft chuckle. You couldn't help but giggle and slightly push him away. "Your priorities are mindblowing," you mocked, earning a proud grin from him. "As long as I can make you laugh again, I'm fine with that," he smiled and pulled you closer again. You hugged him tightly and sighed in relief, nose nuzzled in the crook of his neck. He squeezed you against his chest with a content sigh, before slowly backing off. "You have to sleep now. You'll have to get up early," he whispered. 

"Stay."

It had escaped your lips before you could stop it, making your eyes widen considerably. 

He stopped in his movement and looked you deeply in the eyes, his finger gently rubbing a tear away from your cheek. He looked worried. "I don't think that's-", "I don't want to have another nightmare," you whispered weakly, a knot of fear forming already in your stomach. His eyes softened as he pulled you into another hug. Your fingers clung to his chest, not wanting to let go of him any time soon. "It's okay, I'll stay," he murmured softly, relaxing your tense posture immediately. You moved to the side, giving him some space and allowing him to come under your blanket. His strong arms wrapped around you and you snuggled up to his chest, breathing calming down progressively. You felt him nuzzle his face into the crook of your neck, his warm breath hitting your skin. He placed a soft kiss to your neck before mumbling softly, "I'll protect you Sweet Cheeks. From anything. I won't let anyone hurt you." "Thank you, ChimChim," you whispered, your heart softly fluttering in your chest before you fell into a deep and calm sleep, accompanied by the sound of his steady heartbeat.

********