Chapter 3: Principal's deal

Crap. What now? You think.

Sehun takes you to the old, empty music room. I didn't even think he would know about this music room.

He lets go of your wrist, which seemed to have reddened in place, and takes the wooden chair from the corner, places it in front of you and wiping it before sitting down.

"What do you want?" you ask him, crossing your arms.

"You need to speak to the principal about the tutoring," he replies.

Tsk! So demanding!

"Wae? (Why?) He's your father. You speak to him."

Sehun quickly stands up moving towards you, and you step back not realising the dent on the floor therefore making you fall back. You close your eyes shut and just wait till you hit the ground, getting ready for the pain to come. A minute later, you slowly open your eyes, right eye first then the left.

You didn't fall; instead Sehun has his arms wrapping around you and his face so close to yours.

"Um..." you gulp.

He blinks a couple of times before realising that he still has his arms around you.

"Never speak of this," he says. You just nod in agreement.

Sehun clears his throat before speaking again. "Anyway, you're the one who needs to talk to him. He'll listen more to what you'll say than me. And besides, you don't want this, I don't want this. It's a mutual feeling. I'll just have to guarantee to him that I will..." he pauses, "...pass this year."

"Uh, just out of curiosity. How were you passing?" You ask, rubbing the back of your neck, not making eye contact.

He smirks, "Are you stupid or something?"

MWO?!

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Why do you think, huh? My father's the principal, of course I would still pass. He won't let the school know that his son's a no good in academics, no. That would ruin his reputation as the principal... or so he tells me. And now, I certainly don't need a tutor to remind me how dumb I am!"

Sehun turns around, facing his back to you. "I can pretty much pass just as much as you can."

You stand there feeling a little sympathetic for him, although feeling this towards the jerk churns your stomach. It's weird sympathising him.

"Alright," you begin. "I'll talk to Mr. Oh, but I'm not going to do it because of you. I'm going to do it because I also don't like the idea of tutoring... well, you."

-

At the principal's office...

"You have to understand, _____, you are the only person I see suitable to tutor my son."

"But sir—”

"If he passes this semester with a grade of over 85%, I am willing to give you extra credit on your grades."

Oh, no. He's playing the I-will-give-you-extra-credit game. He knows I won't pass an opportunity especially if it involves getting extra credit. Damn it! Why am I such a nerd? If I agree to this, what will Sehun say? Does it matter? He already hates me. Things can't get any worse than this.

"Okay, sir. I'll..." you sigh. "...do it."

Mr. Oh smiles, but it's not the sincere type of smile, it's more of like 'I've got you under my thumb' kind of smile. It's kind of creepy.

"Good," he tells you.

As you were about to walk out, he continues, "Oh, and don't tell Sehun about why you agreed to tutor him."

Aish! This principal's sneaky.

-

"You what?!"

"I'm sorry. I just have to tutor you," you tell Sehun.

He slams the desk in front of him and everyone in the class switches their gazes at you two. You do feel bad for him somehow, and that is very unusual for you to feel.

Suho walks towards you and Sehun.

"Is everything okay here?" he asks.

"Get lost, nerd!" Sehun shouts at him.

"Hey! Don't talk to him li—“

You are interrupted when Suho places his hand on your shoulder, smiling.

"It's alright," Suho says.

"Anyway, Mr. Oh said I have to start today so I guess I'll have to go home with you," you tell Sehun, although you know he is no longer paying attention to you.

On the other hand, Suho has a very confused look painted all over his face. You sit down on your seat.

"What's going on?" Suho whispers.

"Well, it started when we got called to Mr Oh's office earlier..." you begin.

You tell him the whole story and all throughout, Suho just nodded and let out a few 'Mm-hm's' and 'Ohh's' as a response. At the end he smiles at you and pats your head.

"You'll be fine. After all... my best friend is a strong yeoja (girl)."