Chapter 13: When things happen

Your POV

Four days has passed and Suho was still at the hospital. I knew I should be the optimistic one because I was his best friend, but I was more worried than anyone.

Suho had freaking brain cancer!

To be honest, there was another reason why I've been feeling down and depressed since Suho was submitted to the hospital.

When we were about to leave that day, the doctor came to us and asked for Suho's parents, but they weren't there yet. So he told me and Sehun instead.

"Suho's in a deep stage of brain cancer," the doctor began. "We can try and operate on him, but chances are, he will not make it."

I literally collapsed on the floor that day and felt as if my world was crumbling down.

Not Suho, I thought.

I shook my head trying not to dwell too much on that thought and focused on the textbook in front of me.

"Okay, Sehun. Tell me the First Principle rule in Derivatives," I told him.

"Derivawhat?" he raised a brow.

"Come on, Sehun. We have a test in four weeks and if you don't get at least an 80% I won't-"

I stopped in my tracks when I suddenly remembered that Mr. Oh didn't want Sehun to know about our deal.

"You won't what?" he asked, snapping me out of the thought.

"N-Nothing. If you don't pass, I-I won't be able to look at Mr. Oh the same way," I lied.

"Why?"

"Well, because he had high expectations of me... And you. If you don't pass that means I wasn't good enough a tutor."

Phew. Actually, that wasn't a lie, now that I've thought about it. I wasn't lying to him, I was just not telling everything to him.

"So, the rule?" I asked him again.

"Ugh!" He groaned. "Is it..."

Sehun said the rule he thought was right, and after he did, I looked at him. Like, really just looked at him.

"Sehun-"
"It's wrong isn't it?" he asked blankly.

"N-No. Actually, that was... That was correct," I muttered.

I couldn't believe it myself. He was actually paying attention to the things that I've been teaching him.

"I knew it. Wait, what?" he had second thoughts.

"That was right!" I cheered.

"Yes!"

Abruptly, Sehun wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up to twirl around. When he placed me down, our faces came so close.

"Heh. Well done, Oh Sehun," I laughed nervously.

Seriously, the proximity of our faces were so close.

"It's because I have a great tutor," he said, but his eyes seemed to be locked on somewhere on my face.

Then, the thing that I thought would never happen again, happened.

Sehun leaned slowly towards my face, I could feel the warmth of his breath nearing. His lips brushed past mine and finally, they locked together. His arms were tightening around my waist as he brought me closer to him, our chests touching.

The weird thing was, I was kissing him back.

When we pulled our heads away from each other, I couldn't meet his gaze. I was either embarrassed or was blushing. I wasn't quite sure.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Nothing."

"Oh come on, ____. Don't say you didn't like it?" Sehun smirked.

I couldn't answer because that was the thing; I did like the kiss.

I was going to tell him that I was leaving, but he pressed his lips against mine again so really, I couldn't leave.

When things were starting to get a little intense, but not too intense, I was screwed because of what happened next.

"Son, you have a v-"

Mr. Oh opened the door and saw what we were doing. My heart rate quickened as I took a gulp.

I was so dead.

Sehun and I pulled away from each other and took a step aside. We knew what we did was forbidden because everyone at school knew that dating the principal's son was a no-no.

Mr. Oh then briskly gaited towards me and slapped me across the right cheek.

"How dare you?!" he yelled.

"Appa, she didn't do anything wrong. I-"

But before Sehun could say anything further, to what seemed to be a thing for my defence, his dad slapped him across the cheek too, but harder.

"Sehun," I was going to go to him, but Mr. Oh caught my arm and pushed me away.

"You need to leave," he told me, pointing at the door. "You need to leave and never come

back here. You no longer have to tutor him!"

"S-Sir, please-"

"NOW!"

I was startled by his yelling, but I did soon after what he told me to do, and I left.