Chapter 20: Things you ought to know

Narrator's POV

The next day at school was a bit awkward than other days. You and Sehun made eye contacts but, never really spoke a word.

In class, your other classmates noticed the quiet aura that surrounded you. You were feeling both surprised and sad at the same time.

The loss of Suho definitely was a bit unexpected. His parents decided to hold the funeral on Saturday, which was two days from now.

"Noona, cheer up," Tao cooed.

You only smiled forcefully at him and ruffled his hair.

"I'll be fine in a couple of weeks," you said. "Hopefully."

-

Lunch came and silence still wrapped you and Sehun. He wanted to start a conversation but, it felt uncomfortable because the subject of him saying 'those words' to you might be brought up.

You ate your food quietly and you could feel Sehun's stares on you.

"Are we going to never speak to each other or what?" you finally spoke.

"Uh..." he mumbled.

"I was surprised, though," you added. "You know, about 'that thing'."

"Yeah, I-I was, too."

You nodded your head awkwardly and took a bite from your sandwich.

"Did you mean it?" you asked him.

Sehun quickly looked at you and he did not say anything for a while. He was not sure himself but, with those words unconsciously escaping his mouth, maybe he was feeling that way about you.

He lifted your head up by the chin, so that your eyes would meet his. His brown orbs stared into yours and it felt weird how those eyes now melted you.

"I do," he said. "I do. I love you, ______."

-

Your POV

The moment those three words escaped his lips again, I could feel the hairs on my skin rise.
They soothed my ears; the way it sounded so perfectly coming from him. The way it made me tingle inside and my heart beat fast.

But, why was it that I could not say those words back to him?
It was like my heart was ordering for me to tell him the same words back to him but, my mind was forbidding it.

It was like something in me felt that something was wrong.
Sehun looked at me eagerly, like he was anticipating for me to say 'I love you' back. Luckily, the bell rang, saving me from the trouble.

"Let's go," I told him.

"I'll just head to the bathroom. You go ahead first," he said, kissing my forehead, before walking away.

-

Narrator's POV

It has been half an hour since lunch ended. You tapped your fingers impatiently for Sehun. It wasn't because you were inquiring for him but because you wondered what would be taking him so long.
You heaved a sigh and raised your hand for the teacher.

"Yes, ______?" the teacher asked.

"Can I go to the lady's room?"

"Sure, sure."

Immediately, you stood up from your seat and out the room you went.

You were walking through the hallways, looking for Sehun. You checked about two men's bathrooms, before you finally got to the third one.

You were about to push the door open, ready to peek in when suddenly you heard voices. Carefully, you leaned your ear against the door and listened to whatever you could.

"Do it or else," a voice said, it sounding like Kai's.

"I made her fall in love with me. That was the dare, right? Let's end this. Pay up, Kai."

It was Sehun's voice.

Your eyes widened. You could not believe what you just heard.

A dare? Was that all you were to him?

"So he didn't really love me," you confirmed to yourself. "I was a game to him."

Tears welled up in your eyes and you ran from the bathroom, missing the rest of the two boys' conversation.

"I don't think so," Kai told him. "Why do you want it to end so early, huh?"

"No reason," Sehun said.

"Right," Kai scoffed. "You fell, didn't you? You don't want to continue this anymore because you like her. In fact, I think you even love her."

"Shut up!" Sehun shouted. "So what I love her? Is that a problem for you, bro?! I did what I was dared to do and now you have to keep for your word! Pay the fcuk up!"

Kai did nothing but cackle at his former friend. He began walking towards the door but, turned his head to say something to him.

"I'll pay. Keep on with the dare for a week more and wait for the money," Kai said.

Sehun did not want to but, he had to. Kai was serious and Sehun knew he had to do what he was told.

There was no other choice now.

"Alright, fine whatever."

- - - - - - - - - -

'You' know now, waaah~ XD

Thank you for reading <33

VOTE and especially COMMENT if you enjoyed this chapter, hhe