Chapter 29: Voila! It's done

Narrator's POV

* Two and a half hours ago *

"Babe, dress nicely, okay? I'll pick you up in about an hour or so," Sehun said.

"Wait, what's th—"

Before you could even ask him why you needed to dress up for, he had already hung up the phone and all you heard was the beeping sound. Glancing at the wall clock, an hour would take you until 7 o'clock in the evening and so, you quickly got ready. You decided to wash up really fast and had applied make-up on, but when you walked over to your closet, you had no idea what to wear.

"'Dress nicely', how am I supposed to know what 'nice' means?" you asked yourself as you scratched your head.

You shrugged your shoulders and decided to wing it, going instead with what your gut was saying.

* Two and a half hours later *

Sehun had brought you to his favourite place in the whole world, the pier. He has taken you there before, but it seemed nicer this time because it was night. He eyed you from head to toe and tried to suppress the chuckle he has been keeping.

"What?" you asked, putting one hand on your hip and raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing," he shook his head, trying not to laugh. "Just that you're wearing a really fancy gown."

"Well, you weren't really specific when you said 'dress nicely', now were you?" you sarcastically asked him.

"Okay, it is my fault, I admit," Sehun said, placing his hand on his chest.

"Thank you," you told him.

"You look very beautiful, by the way," he added, his famous eye-smile on his face.

"Okay, now you're just kissing up to me," you chuckled.

A chuckle escaped his lips, before he took your hands and pulled you closer to him, then slowly wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Really, you look beautiful. I'm glad I wasn't specific about the dress code," Sehun said, smiling.

"Well, thanks," you said. "But you're getting kinda cheesy now," you laughed.

Sehun laughed, too, as he took a step backward and held your hand, while he led the way at the end of the pier, where you both then sat.

"Why bring me here again?" you asked, then leaning your head on his shoulder.

He smiled and then kissed the top of your head, while silence followed after that gesture.

"Sehun?" you asked, sitting straight and looking at him.

Sehun held your hand and turned his head to face you, his brown eyes staring deeply into yours, which gave you the tingles inside.

"I know you're the smartest in our class," he began. "I also know I'm the least smart, and I feel really happy because you gave me a chance."

"I feel like you're gonna get cheesy again," you chuckled.

"No, just hear me out," he laughed lightly.

"Okay, go on," you smiled.

"Looking back to who I was back then, I realise what I big jerk I was, not only to you but to everyone else. I changed because of you, ______. You're the biggest change that happened in my life and every day I'm thankful that my father asked you to tutor me. If it didn't happen, I probably wouldn't have seen you for who you are. To be honest, I'm scared that if you were to disappear from my life, that I'd go back to my old self. I'm scared of my old self, ______. I was nothing until you came. I'm scared that I'd be returning to the horrible person that I was if you were to leave."

You looked into his eyes and sighed as you cupped his cheeks with your hands, before smiling sincerely.

"Sehun, you weren't a bad person. I saw potential in you and I think you just needed someone to bring that out," you told him.

There was a pause and yet another silence surrounded the both of you. You were still staring into each other's eyes and unconsciously, you both leaned in closer. He looked at your lips, before looking back again into your eyes. Sehun placed his hands around your waist and back, and slowly, he began to kiss you.

You had moved your hands to wrap them around his neck, while you shut your eyes and kissed him back. It was a passionate and gentle kiss; nothing could have been sweeter. When he pulled away, he brushed his nose against yours and you giggled when he did it.

"Since when did you become soft?" you chuckled.

"I'm all mush inside now because of you," he chuckled, too.

"Oh, wait, you still haven't answered my question," you said. "Why bring me here again?"

Sehun smiled and released you from his embrace as he stood up. He reached out his hands to you, motioning that your take them so that he could help you up. You did so and took his hands, while he helped you stand up. He took your hand and walked you just a bit away from the water, before taking a step from you.

Sehun took a deep breath and breathed out, before kneeling down in front of you. You furrowed your eyebrows and tilted your head because you have seen boys do this before and you were so sure you were not ready for it, so,

"Sehun, I'm not ready to get married!" you interrupted before he could even say or do anything.

He stared at you for a while, before smiling, which then turned into laughter.

"______, I'm not asking you to marry me," he smiled. "We're still so young~"

"Then, why are you kneeling like you're about to propose to me?" you asked.

"Just let me carry on, okay?" he said.

"Okay, sorry," you replied, pursing your lips, trying to contain your smile.

"I know after high school that we'd be separating to go and catch our own dreams, but I want us to remember that we belong to each no matter what," Sehun said.

After he said this, he took out a small white box from the pocket of his jacket and placed it in front of you, before opening it and revealing two cute silver rings. Its designs were an infinity sign shaped as a heart, perhaps symbolising that you and Sehun were forever.

"These are our promise rings," he began. "As long as we wear these, we can be reminded of each other and who knows, maybe one day we can get married."

"Sehun..." you said his name, tears brimming in your eyes.

Sehun smiled at you and took your hand, before picking up one of the rings and placing it on your ring finger. When he stood up, you immediately hugged him. It was so tight that Sehun felt like his bones were going to crush under your embrace, but he hugged you just as tight and it felt nice.

After you pulled away, you placed his ring on his finger and pecked a quick kiss on his lips.

"Now, let's go watch a movie," he smiled, then taking your hand.

You both walked from the pier, hand in hand, and on the way to your house. If your old self were to see you right now, she would have vomited at the sight of you and the jerk together, but your old self is gone and you are with the 'jerk', Sehun.

You are happy that you gave him a chance because if you did not, you still would be asking yourself: am I in love with the jerk?!

- - - - - - - - - -

Ta-da! This chapter concludes this fan fiction, I'm afraid. It has ended after quite some time. I hope you all enjoyed reading this because I sure did enjoy writing about 'you' and Sehun ;) Don't worry, though, because I will be writing more fan-fics in the future~

If you want to read stories (one-shots), I write them on my Instagram page, which is @.exoimagine. So, check that out if you guys have time ^.^

Okay, COMMENT your thoughts about this chapter or this whole story, and VOTE if you liked reading this <3 Thank you all for supporting this fan fiction~! :*