Chapter 5: Story behind the bracelet

You barge in the next morning to where Sehun and all of his other jerky friends hang out.

"Give it back," you order.

"Give what back?" Sehun asks, earning him a few fist pumps from his group.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," you say.

Sehun puts on, what he calls, a thinking face and pretends to try to remember what you are telling him. He then looks at you with eyes that shoot out a mocking glare.

"I'm sorry. I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about," Sehun chuckles. The rest of the group laughs, throwing light punches at Sehun's shoulder.

"Shut it, Kai," you tell him, your eyes fuming. Kai was about to fight back but Chanyeol stops him.

"Come on, babe. Sehun doesn't have whatever it is that you're looking for," Chanyeol says, acting concerned.

"I've told you a million times, Chanyeol, you cannot call me 'babe' because you can never ask me out!" you yell. You take a deep breath and shoot Sehun a furious stare.

"If you don't want to give it to me, fine. Good luck with your studies," you tell him. You walk away, leaving the others staring at Sehun with blank looks. Suddenly, a hand grips your wrist and spins you around.

"What was that?" Sehun asks.

"What?" you answer, expressionless.

“That drama. I don't care what's wrong with you, but don't you dare even talk about our situation with those guys," he warns.

You scoff at him.

"Are you serious? Why? You're afraid they're gonna find out that their friend is just some dumbo who, by the way, is only passing because of his daddy?" you come back.

Sehun clenches his jaw as his face turns red in anger.

"What did you just say?"

"You have ears. I'm sure they work," you say. You try to walk away but his grip on your wrist seems to get tighter. Sehun's face appears as if it's about to blow up. He drags you to the old music room and there is where he lets you go.

"___, I'm the guy you don't wanna mess with."

"Then good, because I'm the girl you don't wanna mess with!" you yell.

Sehun gaits quickly towards you, making you shuffle backwards, until you hit the wall and he's standing close to you. You gulp, feeling a bit scared, but you don't show him that on the outside.

"Look..." you begin. "...just give me back the bracelet."

His face plasters a smirk as he takes out the bracelet from his pocket and dangles it in front of your face.

"This bracelet? Now, why would you go to so much trouble just because of this... This junk? It's only plastic," he asks, looking at the bracelet, then at you.

"You won't understand. It's not worth telling you," you say.

"Spill or this bracelet will go bye-bye into the cafeteria's sink dispenser," Sehun says.

"Fine. It's from Suho, okay?" You finally tell him. Your words feel weird, telling things to the jerk has never been comfortable.

"And? Come on, there's gotta be more to it," he urges.

You sigh deeply as you stare at his eyes angrily.

"And he gave it to me before... Before..." You can't finish the sentence. The tears behind your eyes are welling up, fighting to get out.

"Before?" Sehun asks.

"Before he told me he had cancer, okay?! Are you happy now?!" you yell, tears flowing from your eyes.

Sehun, taken aback, steps away and looks at you with sympathetic eyes. For the first time, he is actually feeling sorry for someone.

You slide down the wall and hug your knees to your chest, burying your face in it. Sehun thinks for a long while before sitting next to you, gently placing the bracelet on your knee. You look up to find him staring at you differently, and at that moment, you knew that he is not being his jerky self.

"He may be a nerd to you..." you start off. "...he may look fine, but in reality, Suho's in stage three of battling brain cancer."

You sniffle as your heart sinks talking about it.

"You really wanna know why I care so much about this bracelet? It's because he gave it to me the day he confessed, and you know what I told him? I told him that I didn't feel the same way," you snicker. "I felt so bad afterwards when he told me that he was fighting cancer and that he confessed just in case he didn't make it."

Your eyesight becomes blurry as the tears begin to cover your whole eyes. The feeling of actually talking to someone about how you feel lifts off some weight off your shoulders, even knowing that who you are talking to is the jerk.

"W-Why are you telling me all this?" Sehun asks nervously.

You look at him with a brow raised as you chortle in disbelief.

"You were the one that asked me, numb-head!"

Sehun blinks his eyes a couple of times before standing up. He looks at you, not knowing what to say.

"Look, I'm sorry about your friend, okay? I... won't tell anyone about this. Just," he pauses, and continues, "don't tell anyone else that you're my tutor."

Right after saying that, Sehun walks over to the door, twists the knob open and head outside.

You shake your head.

"What am I doing? I just told all those things to the jerk," you mumble.