Chapter 23: His malevolent mother

Your POV

I did not know what Sehun's mother was doing here, but my heart automatically quickened in beat at the scary sight of her. She looked so elegant, yet at the same time so terrifying.

"Well? Are you going to let me in?" she asked.

I shook my head at the realisation that I had not invited her to enter. Stepping to the side, I made way for her and she walked inside.

"What an awfully small house," I heard her say.

Really, she was insulting my house even when she was inside it. Being a jerk must run in the family... well, it must have missed the father's side.

"Do you want to sit down?" I offered.

"No need, I won't be here long and I don't intend to," she began. "As I've heard, you are my son's girlfriend."

"Not anymore," I corrected her.

I was so afraid because her son was just metres away from where we stood, and if she found out he was sleeping in my room, I would not know how to act.

"Is that so? I am sorry to hear that," she said sarcastically. "But, I have to admit that is not why I am here. I have a proposal."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. A proposal, she said? Regarding what?

"I can't say I'm not curious," I said.

"Yes, I cannot imagine you being not, but my proposal relates to my son. I want you to stay away from him. Why, you may be thinking? Well, look at you. I think that would be enough reason for you to stay away from him."

I could do nothing but scoff at what she said. She has insulted me and furthermore, wanted me to stay away from Sehun. It was not clear, even to myself, of the reason why it was hard for me not to do what she had requested. I should have been able to do it because he has played with my heart.

But, why could I not?

"I don't... I don't think I'll be able to comply with your proposal," I told her.

A change of expression washed over her face and they turned sour. She had crossed her arm over her chest and took one step closer to me.

"I beg your pardon?" she asked, looking surprised.

"Yes, I'm not his girlfriend anymore, but does that mean I should stay away from him?"

"Well, if—"

"It doesn't... ma'am. I'm free to choose who I can see and cannot see. I'm afraid not even you can tell me what or what not to do," I said.

Sehun's mother looked completely angry, I could see it in the redness of her face and the dilation of her pupils. I tried to appear brave in front of her, even though I was so nervous inside. I was not aware of her capabilities and I was not interested in knowing, either.

"I don't think you know who I am," she said in a warning tone. "I am the type of person you do not want to trifle with."

"I perfectly know who you are, but you are in my house, ma'am and in my house, no one trifles with me."

I wish I could say that I was able to laugh at her face when I told her that, but it seemed to be an inappropriate moment to have done so.

"If you please, I would like to insist on you leaving," I told her.

"This is not over. I will, and I say again, I will get what I want," she said, then heading for the door.

Once she was gone, a heavy sigh of relief escaped my lips. I plopped myself down on the couch and thought about what just happened.