Chapter 12: The best friend

Kai's POV

I was walking through the hallway when I saw Sehun, so I went to him.

"Dude, what are you smirking about?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Just thinking how I'm winning this," he replied. What a smart-ass.

"Whatever. Anyway, what's wrong with the nerd? I saw ____ chasing after him."

Sehun snickered and turned to me.

"He probably saw me kiss her," Sehun said.

I raised a brow as I watched a mischievous grin appear on his face. He kissed ____? Blech.

"That is gross, bro!" I yelled.

"Shut up!" he yelled back before walking away.

-

Your POV -

"Suho, it's not what you think. I didn't kiss him, he kissed me!" I tried to shout because Suho was running further and further away.

Too much were going on in my head. First, Sehun kissed me and later found out he liked me. Second, my best friend in the whole wide world may have hated me.

I kept running but didn't notice my laces were untied, and yes, you've guessed it. I tripped. I yelled in pain as I brought my knees to my chest.

Suho turned his head and found me there on the ground and he immediately sprinted towards me. He crouched down before lifting me bridal style up into his arms.

"You pabo. Why are your laces untied?" he chuckled. I smiled at him because I knew although he was upset, he still came to help me.

"I was running to you. I didn't notice it being untied on the process," I tried to reason with him.

"Yah! Just be glad I'm here," he paused, and before I knew it, he kissed my forehead.
I blinked a couple of times before realising what he just did.

"Yah Kim Junmyeon!" I hit his chest playfully as he still carried me to the school clinic.

"Heh. Sorry, sorry. I couldn't resist," he laughed.

-

After getting my scraped knee patched up, I had to limp back to ASC. Heads turned to our direction and continued to watch us get to our seats.

"____-ah! What happened to your knee?" shouted a running-towards-me Tao.

"Um, my laces were untied," I chuckled, feeling embarrassed.

Tao put his arm around my neck and pulled me closer to his side.
"Aish, noona. I may have to take care of you," he said, winking at me as he did.

Right then, Sehun and Kai walked in class and immediately noticed Tao's arm around me.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! What are you doing with my girl?" Sehun asked, briskly walking towards us.

"Your girl?!" Chen and Xiumin shouted in unison.

"Didn't ____ tell you guys?" he smirked. "We even ki-"

Before Sehun could finish what he was about to say, I covered his mouth, but I felt him blow cold air onto my palm so I immediately took it off.

"Sehun's just joking, guys. I'm no one's girl, but my best friend right here." I hip bumped Suho, who stood beside me.

Suddenly, Suho collapsed onto the floor and my eyes widened. I didn't bump him that hard, did I?

"Suho? Yah, Kim Junmyeon, don't joke with me. This isn't funny!" I yelled, the tears urging to come out.

When Suho wasn't responding, we took him to the clinic, who then transferred him to a hospital. Oh, please not now. I couldn't afford to lose my best friend. Not now.

-

It was after school and I visited Suho at the hospital, and to my surprise, Sehun came along with me.

"I'm sorry about Suho," he said.

I looked at him with a brow raised.

"What?" He asked me.

"Nothing. It's just that I didn't even know you knew his name," I replied, and he didn't answer after that. We just sat there beside the bed.

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened earlier; about what Sehun said. Maybe he just confused me with some other girl, right? That was possible. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"Uh, Sehun?"

"Yeah?"

"About, um, what you said earlier..." I trailed off. I didn't have the guts to ask, but it was like he was reading my mind and he answered anyway.

"I meant what I said, ____."

"I do like you," he continued. "I guess I never really realised until you started tutoring me."

Since I started tutoring him? Since when exactly did these feelings for me develop?

"Speaking of tutoring, I still have to tutor you today," I said, trying to change the topic.
I looked at Suho, who laid peacefully on the bed. Could I have just left him there? His parents were not even there yet, and as if reading my mind again, Sehun answered.

"He'll be fine. His parents should come soon, and besides, you can always visit tomorrow."
My head faced the floor as my eyes got watery before replying, "But there might not be a tomorrow... For him."

I then felt Sehun's arms wrap around me in an embrace. Was he really just comforting me?
"Don't be so pessimistic. We'll see him tomorrow," Sehun pulled away and flashed me a smile.

"'We'?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll be with you tomorrow for support... Just in case you break down crying," he chuckled.

I hit him playfully and we both laughed. I got a weird feeling in my stomach, like, I think I was actually starting to get along with the jerk.

"Thanks for coming with me," I said.

"Anything for you," Sehun gave one of his famous eye smiles.

I swear, at that moment, I felt something. I just didn't know what.